Saturday, April 26, 2008

Overnighter!


So last night was the first official "just for fun" overnighter for our kids. Of course we've had overnighters with company, or because (the rare occurance) that Tucker and I were out-of-town. But this was purely for fun.



I'm not big on overnighters and probably won't encourage them a ton, but this was prompted almost by necessity. Since Lindsay and Jacob are moving in a few weeks, we thought we'd endulge. They've requested this for YEARS. So last night I thought it was cute, they kept saying "this is the best day of my whole life!". It felt good to give them such anticipated satisfaction!



Tucker and I took the 5 kids to our local annual "Family Fun Night", and although I found it slightly boring, the kids had fun at the mini-carnival event. Including a train ride, face painting and other such games.



After arriving home, they immediately dove into a deep playing mode. Finally, at 8:30, I encouraged MOVIE TIME! Thinking it would calm things down. But they picked Shrek the Third, which did not elicit calmness. They laughed with the utmost hysteria at the part where the shrek babies threw up.....and re-watched that part for 35 minutes straight and laughed so consistantly and loudly, that Tucker and I had to pause our show because we couldn't hear it at all.



By 10:00 it was definitely bed time and somehow all 5 kids went down and out fast! I didn't hear a peep from anyone till 6:30 am, so that was great.



Now its 11 am the next morning and the "perfectness" is beginning to wear off a little. Beth is on her way to get the kids and I think my kids are so tired they will go to bed at 5 pm tonight (a mom can dream, right?).



Here are pics of the fun night:







6 comments:

britt said...

was that like a carnival or something you went to? How brave you were to venture out with 5 kids! I am sure your kids were in heaven, but it is always good when those kinds of "FUN" events are over (for mom anyway)

Beth said...

wow! Thanks for being the brave one and having them over. I'm sure they had more fun than if I were to have them sleep here. I would have made them go to bed at 8:00. I think that will be a fun memory!

Carlotta said...

Looks like Lexi is continuing her swimsuit ritual! HA

Matt Worley said...

Its nice to let the kids indulge once in a while. I hope you didn't loose any remaining sheds of sanity for it though. Cute pictures though.

Tara said...

I love how we as mothers, start to judge what's successful and what's not so much, by "the best day of MY LIFE!!!" comments. Those are precious words, and I think they get a little tougher to come by as they get older. It just warms my heart when I hear Josh say that. Haven't heard Jade say it for a while though. :)
Have you thought of having a group "mommy/daughter tea party" before your friends leave? We did those once a year in Japan when Jade was little, SO much fun! If you want any info, let me know.

btw- You and Tucker just get better looking every year. :) You look so good together.

sosilly said...

Awwww, such sweet memories. You know how strongly I feel about making memories with your kids. Even if it kills you!
MOM