Monday, April 14, 2008

This & That



I am at the end of another long day. Whew. Does anyone else feel tired ALL the time? Its like non-stop around here! I seriously feel tired all the time, but especially in the morning - it is like raising myself from the dead to get up (which I do the very last minute possible before Jordyn has to get ready, bad habit). An obvious solution is more sleep. But somehow I need to get that through to my 18 month old. She's a very inconsistent sleeper. Oh, and it doesn't help that I can NOT get to bed early. That is all my fault. (This random pic from I found online is how I feel a lot of the time).




I do have to say how much I love seeing these strawberries at our local stand! They even have you pay on the honor system! A little chain linked drop box to slip your cash into, its great! Yummy! I also bought a watermelon and some tangelos today...everything is SO sweet and I am so excited for the fresh fruit time of year!





Jordyn and Daddy had another attempt at the bike riding today, but this time it was with her new bike. Its a lot bigger than her old (broken) one, but it is also much more sturdy. This bike is the cutest hawaiian beach cruiser I have ever seen! Thanks a gazillion to Grandma for such a fun 6 year old birthday present! She did really good today and it looks as though being officially training-wheel free isn't too far off!




I'm trying to get extra housework, laundry and school work caught up because we have some more very special guests coming this weekend. Tucker's parents (Gam and Pa) are coming on Thursday and we are all giddy with excitement! The girls are so thrilled! I am so glad that, even though we live far away, their relationship with Gam and Pa is still strong and meaningful. When we get to spend time with them, life just stands still for a few days and we soak it all in. We can't wait!

3 comments:

britt said...

that is a way cute bike! maybe when Ame outgrows her "garage sale" princess bike we will go for that cool one
great job jordyn...you can do it!

Tara said...

That is SOME bike! I feel ya on the tired thing. When does it end?

Debbie said...

that first picture is so funny!

i love jordyns new bike, it is so cute!

have fun with tuckers parents. g-parents are the best!