Sunday, April 20, 2008

Gam and Pa!

What a great and fun visit we just had with Tucker's parents (aka Gam & Pa!). Since our visits are few and far between, we always soak up the time we get to spend together. The girls think its so fun to have them stay with us!


We had a few fun adventures while they were here. First off, we always try to fit in a round of golf. (This action shot make me seem like I know what I'm doing....which is not the case!). And Tucker is always determined to beat his dad, which hasn't yet happened!






Our next adventure was to visit a national historic site in Fresno called Forestiere's Underground Gardens. I've lived in this area most of my life and had never heard of it (thanks Dad for the idea). But we thought we'd check it out and it was really cool! I won't go into the whole story on this post, but here's the site: http://www.undergroundgardens.info/ Basically, an Italian immigrant dug over 10 acres underground - by hand - back in the early 1900's and lived there. He planted lots of fruit trees and....well, it was just incredible! Here are some pics.






This was my view of the crew in the back of the van!




Then Jeannine and I made a yummy Sunday dinner - she even made her amazing crescent rolls. I convinced her to make a double batch (72) because we LOVE them, and low & behold we ate all but 5 of them with dinner! (Dane and Beth and my family came over too!).



Tucker and Neal were really into the basketball game (can't you tell).



Jordyn hanging out with Pa.

Tucker and "Gam" playing What Were You Thinking - love that game.



Peyton doesn't take long to warm up to Gam and Pa.

Thank you guys so much for coming and spending time with us! It's great to make memories and have lots of fun together. We love you!


5 comments:

Beth said...

thanks for the yummy, yummy dinner and rolls!

Unknown said...

So fun- I would love to visit that garden place. How did we never go there in all of our years growing up? Golf- what a good sport you are. I like to just drive the cart and soak up the scenery and sun. What were you thinking- LOVE THAT GAME.

Tara said...

Sound like another fun visit at your house. I LOVE those gardens, I have been there twice in my childhood. But the last time I wanted to go as an adult, they were renovating it. I really think it is one of those amazing California treasures that very few people know about. You can imagine I went nuts over that place from an artistic point of view, it's like the whole place is one giant man-meets-nature sculpture. Glad you got to go there, I look forward to taking my family someday.

Melvin and Carly said...

I always wanted to go to the underground gardens when we were living up there but somehow never did. Looks like you had a fun visit with your fam.

sosilly said...

Great memories!
Looks like it was a fun visit. Wish the weather would have permitted swimming.
MOM