Saturday, April 05, 2008

HAPPY 6th BIRTHDAY JORDYN!!

Happy 6th Birthday sweetheart!!




Here's the story of your birthday party this year:

It was Hawaiian themed. Which was really fun and we had absolutely perfect 75 degree weather for your fun day! I found lots of fun Hawaiian stuff on orientaltrading.com, so we decorated the house really fun.


The night before, Dad and I decorated the house. And [of course] I got started on your cake. I did it different this time because I decided to try fondant frosting. Here is a picture of me rolling it out (its a lot like play dough).



I ended up making three smaller cakes - a flip flop, a surf board and a present. Underneath the fondant was a chocolate frosted colorful white cake.




I put these flowers all over the ceiling. You and Lexi loved them so much! They were a fun touch.



We had more Hawaiian stuff all over, like this lady and her palm tree. It was quite festive.



You and Lexi passed out leis to all the kids, and hair flowers for the girls. You can see that we also had fun straws, fun cups (and even Daddy wore a Hawaiian shirt that you can see in the background. Oh wait, sorry, that wasn't for your party.....that is how daddy dresses EVERY day :)



Then we watched a DVD that taught you and your friends how to hula! You all loved it more than I thought you would!






Your cousin Lyric looked so festive and beautiful at your party!


And Grandma & Paxton even dressed for the occasion!


I found a flip-flop pinata for your party! You've wanted a pinata for years, so this was the magical year. The only problem is it broke on the third child....and there were like 6 more who wanted a turn!


So we let you guys keep hitting it until it looked like this:


Your sisters also had a fun time at the party (except the part where Lexi wanted your Sharpay barbie and cried hysterically).

Of course your blew out the candles. Did you make a wish?


Here are all the kids who came: Madison, Lori, Jacob, Tanner, Ashlyn, Lindsay, Lexi, Tori and Lyric.


Whew. You know what? Mom is T-I-R-E-D! It was a fun party, and I tried to keep it fairly simple, but no matter what it seems like a party takes a lot of work! But I'm happy to do it for you, sweetie, and hope you had a fun and memorable birthday party! I love you Jordyn!

10 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

What a fun and memorable party for Jordyn. It is nice to see something other than a princess party. :) And, of course, your cake is so beautiful and fun.

Unknown said...

Good job. NO matter how simple we try to keep it, it still ends up being so much work. I am having Coopers at a special bounce house in three weeks. I thought that would take the stress up cleaning for, cleaning up after, and decorating off. It was a lot of $ but I thought it might be worth it. We will see. Happy Birthday Jo. I can't believe you are 6. I remember visiting you in the hospital when you were so itsy bitsy. We are glad you are big and healthy and so so smart.

Tara said...

I do the same thing with parties, but it is SO much fun for the kids, even though I feel like it takes 20 hours of prep for every 1 hour of party. (at least!) I wonder how the fondant worked out? I looks AWESOME, was it hard to work with? Did it seem to take more time than frosting and icing? I love the last picture of you and Tucker, although it looks like Tucker is the one pooped out after all that work, and you are supporting him. (hehe)

Daytrippingmom Media said...

Happy Birthday Jordyn!! Wow Jamie!! Great party- It looks like it was well worth all of your hard work. I love the theme. . That cake is AMAZING!!! I think you need to get into the cake business.

Ok- I still can't get over that cake!!I love it!!

Beth said...

Happy Birthday Jordyn sweetie! LIndsay and Jacob had so much fun at your Hawaiian birthday party. It reminded them of very special memories of days gone by! We love you, and think you are a most special friend!!!

britt said...

Awesome Job Jme! Oriental Trading is Awesome for parties. WHen I had out christmas LUAU, for our ward that is where I got our decorations too. Very creative cake! I'm glad it turned out so well, and as much fun as it was, I know the feeling of relief when it is over. We are having Ash's family bday party tomorrow. And no Hanamaikai party is EVER small.
Happy Birthday Jordyn!

Debbie said...

you did such a good job jamie! i have never used fondant, is it hard to work with? did you like it better? let me know, i have ev's party on saturday. i love this time of year, so many birthdays:)

Jamie and Family said...

Debbie - Its hard to answer if I liked fondant "better". It is just SOOOO different. Its worth trying at least once. Its really like working with a firm play-dough. You can do fun shapes and cut really straight lines with a knife. Juts roll it out on a smoother surface REALLY thin. They recommend frosting with a buttercream frosting first and makign it smooth, and THEN putting on the fondant. It can also be a bit messy to color the fondant (on your hands) but after a lot of kneading, it looks great. I say try it!! (but don't expect it to be the best taste).

Chris Grover said...

you've outdone yourself again! that's pretty much the exact kind of party i would want! all the hawaiian stuff is soooo cute! and the cakes are amazing! you should seriously start a business! in all your free time, right?! great job and happy birthday, jordyn!!

Eliza2006 said...

Sigh. I want to be like you when I grow up. That looks like lots of fun and lots of energy on your part!

Tiffany