Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007!

This year was our turn in Utah for Thanksgiving. So we began our 12 hour adventure.




A break down of the family. Tucker's parents, and his siblings in UT are: Lynda Ann (5 kids), Jeff (5 kids), Maren (3 kids), then Derek is in China, Spencer (1 child) is in Colorado, and Lyndsy (1 child) lives in Arizona).



My sister Carly just recently moved to UT with her 6 year old Alyson. Lindy (2 kids), Kristy and Ryan are here in CA with us.



Anyway, the family is definitely growing and Jeannine (my wonderful Mother in Law) made a delicious feast for all 25 of us who were there. She even made this fun Turkey out of fruit and veggies!



While in Utah we were able to see just a few loved ones. One of our stops was at my life-long friend Tara's new house. Tara is family to me and it is always too short when we have time together.








Tara and Bill have three kids ages 10, 5 and 8 months, and all the kids (including cousin Alyson) had lots of fun playing in the basement while we visited. Thanks Jade!









Thanksgiving was at Gam & Pa's house and the cousins PLAYED a ton! Here are some of the girls coloring before dinner.







Tucker and two of his sisters, Lyndsy and Maren


Enjoying the feast...


I just get a big kick out of these two little redheads. Cousins Peyton and Brock (he's 2 months older). Can you tell which is which?





We were also able to squeeze in a trip to see Tiffany and Eliza. Eliza and Peyton are 8 months apart and as you can see Pey loved Eliza. By the way, Eliza talks more (and clearer) than any 21 month old I've ever met!




It's crazy to think that we used to be two college beach bums at BYU-Hawaii....and now this!




I was also very lucky to be able to meet up with Mike and Elisa and baby Calli. There were honestly two of the nicest, genuine people I've ever met. It was fun to get a peek into the special story Carly shares with them. Thank you guys for doing that!

Tucker and his Dad went to the BYU vs. Utah game. WOW, what a game! BYU likes to win in the last minute, so that made for quite the exciting (and sad) game for our Utes.




Next was another big get together (way out in Stansbury Park) where Aunt Annie had lots of fun things for the cousins to do. We also did a little party for Lexi since it was officially her bday and there were, of course, games afterward.



Pa and the Birthday Girl!



And lastly we were able to see Carly and Alyson's basement home on our way out of town. Alyson, Jordyn and Lexi sure love eachother!





And our final stop out of town was Great Grandma Shirl's house. She and Grandpa Milt (both 85) are in St. George, so we love to stop in and see them. Shirl always treats us to quite a spread of food and some fun memories. The girls loved her electric piano. We also got to see Tucker's Aunt Vicki and cousin Jen with her cute family.



Whew. And then we were on our way home. Eyeballs falling out and all. Sadly, I did not get to meet Katie's baby Luka this trip....which was probably good because this cold I/we have is pretty fierce and is NOT leaving me/us! I'm on the 9th day.


It was a great Thanksgiving and spending it with the ones you love is the greatest blessing there could be!

5 comments:

Tara said...

GREAT pictures Jay!!! Woman you packed it IN!!! I can't believe how much visiting you did in such a short time, and with a cold! As always, you rock motherhood, (even though I know you don't feel that way, you do). :)

I like the new background color, I was actually thinking that grey or blue would go nice with your colorful photo, make the yellow and red pop. :) It looks good, (thanks for the change, I felt wierd leaving that message, but I'm glad I know you will love me no matter what crazy demands I make of you!)

And yes that was a short visit for us too, we need to make a point to get together at least once every 5 or 6 years for longer than 2 hours, right? :) But honestly, even if the next 20 years are like this with only a few hours here and there, I still LOVE it! And I'm SO grateful for the little time we do get with you! love you!!!

Unknown said...

We really missed seeing you. It is so hard when you come because you are in high demand for visiting lots of people. Maybe when you come again in January- we might even be in our new house!

Daytrippingmom Media said...

What a fun post. It looks like you all had a great time. I love the picture of the two redheads in the tub- they are total cuties!! It's fun to catch up on all of your posts. I love your blog Jamie!!

Eliza2006 said...

That was fun. I'm glad we got to squeeze in a little visit. The redhead pic is really great. I can't tell which is which. I need a larger pic!

Tiffany

sosilly said...

I am shocked that Brock's cheeks look bigger than Peyton's.
Isn't it nice that pictures don't show the stress of making memories!
Janine is so talented with everything. That is an adorable turkey!
Mom