Wednesday, November 28, 2007

O Christmas Tree



Yes, its that time of year again. I love it!


We got our Christmas tree last night. I love to get it as early as possible so we can enjoy it as long as we can.


We found a tree farm nearby and found a perfect one for $45. Seems to be hard to find a good sized one for less than that these days. It is THE most fresh and full tree we've ever had. Last year, our tree was prickly and half dead from the beginning. It never even drank the water! "


Fresh trees are great. The smell, the experience, the memories. But, there is still the lingering thought in my mind...should we get an after-Christmas fake tree for 75% off? And then it would already have beautiful lights on it, and it would be in our garage for any day we want to whip it out! No messy clean up! But I just can't seem to make myself DO IT....to let go of the tradition of going to get a tree.


Tonight we got all excited to decorate the tree, but when we pulled out the lights, EVERY strand did not work! What?! But since Tucker had to run off to church for mutual, we'll finish it up tomorrow. I LOVE to see things through the kids eyes. It is so magical and exciting. Jordyn had to call my mom tonight because she wants to know when we're going to decorate gingerbread houses. Its GREAT to re-live the excitement through the children. I love it!

4 comments:

sosilly said...

Where did you get the tree? I want a living one too, but one that lives longer than week. I love the smell of a fesh tree.
Mom

Chris Grover said...

Sooo fun! We have that debate every year, even though we have a faker that we really like. One of these years we will go real! We compensate by buying a real wreath -- the big ones from Costco, and that usually smells pretty yummy too! Be sure to post some pictures of your tree -- sounds like a good one!

Jamie and Family said...

Mom, its a few miles down Mt. View (east) on the North side of the street. I'm really happy with it.

Beth said...

real tree is the only way to go unless your over 60!