Sunday, October 07, 2007

The Perfect Day at the Zoo



Yesterday was baby Luke's 1st birthday....which means Peyton is only 2 weeks and 5 days behind. Beth and I cannot believe the babies are 1. We constantly reminisce (that may not be the best word since it connotates thinking back on something fondly...) about the pregnancies as if it was yesterday. Its been fun [and necessary] to experience each stage of pregnancy and babyhood with such great friend.


So, Dane & Beth invited us to an outing at the zoo yesterday to celebrate Luke's birthday.


After a rough morning, and ALMOST following through with threats to the kids of "we won't go to the zoo IF you keep......", we finally made it.


What a great day! 70 degrees and beautiful. I realized my kids haven't been to the zoo for 2 1/2 years, so they didn't even remember it! They were nervous...thinking the snakes and bears could get them.


The zoo had such beautiful scenery for pics! I even snapped lots of scenery pics (of the animals), which is against my own advice....I always tell scenery-happy-Tucker "pics are boring when there are no people in them".







(can you say engagement pics?)





(check out that tongue)




Congrats on 1 year, Luke.....and thanks for inviting us on such a fun outing!


4 comments:

Beth said...

It was so fun, and just what the doctor ordered. Thanks for the wonderful pictures!

Debbie said...

that picture of you and tucker is cute.

britt said...

How fun...I need to take my kids to the zoo. Has Kaipo even been??? I don't even remember. If he has he was a baby. What a horrible mom I AM!!

britt said...

ps your hair is looking soo cute!