Monday, October 22, 2007

A Big Sigh of Relief

First of all, my talk went really well Sat night. I was the first speaker of 5, and there were abut 300 adults there. They all seemed quite intent and focused....and I was very intimidated! Once I got into it, the nervousness subsided, but man, I was actually shaking beforehand! I think I conveyed the message I wanted to and felt happy about the overall experience. It was nice to have so many friends and family there supporting me.

Secondly, I am really enjoying this time of year. I love fall because its filled with anticipation of the holiday months of November and December. The only part that feels wierd is our HOT weather! This week it will be near 90 degrees, and that just throws off the whole holiday mood.

But we will persevere anyway and join in the fall festivities anyway. Yesterday we had Lindy & Mike with Lyric & Paxton over, as well as my teenage siblings Kristy and Ryan. We decorated and carved pumpkins, the kids glued feathers on a turkey, and we decorated (and ATE ATE ATE) sugar cookies.








I just can't get over how cute my little (or not-so-little) nephew Paxton is. He gets cuter every time I see him! He's got lots of chub and lots of hair!

5 comments:

Tara said...

Looks like you guys had a great weekend! I'm glad your talk went well, wish me luck on mine next week, I am SO nervous!!! I'm sad we missed seeing you, but we will catch up at Thanksgiving time, Ira is doing great by the way, it was awesome to spend time with him. Good job on the pumpkins! :)

Mike & Lindy said...

You indeed did great on your talk! I also think I might oficially be a little burned out on sugar cookies for a while!

Beth said...

You did such a good job on your talk! I had a big lump in my throat the whole time. I keep forgetting to tell you that when you emailed me that song. I bawled my eyes out! I hadn't heard it since i was like 16!

Jill said...

I'm so glad you did great on your talk. I'm not surprised. I think you are able to convey your thoughts extremely well. What a fun pumpkin party! Ditto on loving this time of year...

Chris Grover said...

CONGRATS on the talk and whew, that's over, right?! Not that I would ever doubt for a millisecond that you would not deliver a really fantastic message! That's definitely the Jamie I know! A GREAT communicator! Anyway, glad it went well and love the pumpkins!