Monday, October 29, 2007

Desperation - But Not for Me

This was too funny not to share.

So, last night, Tucker was sitting next to me on the couch and I was showing him something on the computer. Well, sort of. He was watching sports highlights. So we were both a little distracted. You must also know that Tucker had been sending me innuendos [of the sexual nature] in abundance throughout the day.

So, after a few minutes of sitting by me, and both of us distractedly listening to eachother, he said "Alright! Let's go! Right now!" Seeing my hesitation, he adds "C'mon, it'll be part of my Christmas present!?".

And at THAT point, he had my full attention.

I, confused and a little annoyed, said "Are you SERIOUSLY THAT desparate? I mean, your CHRISTMAS present?? Wow, don't you think that's a bit extreme?".

He looked at me like I had two heads.

That's when I realized I was missing something. I was even more confused now.

He said "Wow. I was asking you to go to the Red Sox website and buy me the World Series Champion shirt right now, and that can be part of my christmas present".

It gave me a pretty good laugh, I have to admit.

11 comments:

Jill said...

OH, that is sooo good! Our conversations always have problems during sports.....it's the one thing that turns the boys' minds away from s...e...x....

Chelley said...

LOL!!!

that made me laugh!!!

But come on wanting to know the REST?!?!

you

know

what

I am





talking about


did he get his christmas present?




YA know the t-shirt???

Daytrippingmom Media said...

LOL!! That's too funny!!

Jamie and Family said...

After all that......yeah, of COURSE he got his beloved t-shirt! ha ha ha!

Chris Grover said...

I am cracking up laughing right now! That sounds so much like a night at the Grover house! Haaa! I mean, honestly, I love your reaction!

Debbie said...

i can not stop laughing. thanks for sharing.

Mike & Lindy said...

Oh, that gave me a good laugh! At first I was thinking, wow she sure is being open about their life behind bedroom doors!

Beth said...

For a second there you had me amazed at your openness. That is a crack up.

Tara said...

I love married life beyond the honeymoon! So real, SO TRUE!

Katie said...

That is histerical!

Katie said...

I can't stop laughing!! That is so funny...thanks for keeping your life real, it brings light to life.