Friday, October 19, 2007

Happy Family


One of my favorite parts of this phase of life I'm in is these pictures. Jordyn and Lexi constantly hand me pictures they drew for me - like several times per day. I try to really be appreciative because I know how much it means to them.



This is one Jordyn drew. It has our whole happy family, including Grandma. My favorite part is my hair. She colored it red and blonde because I usually have highlights. The girls are really obsessed with my highlights because then I have a little bit of both of their hair colors!


On another note....

As a mother, I find it so challenging to feel so many conflicting feelings, all at once. I feel so much love and nurturing toward these children....while at the same time feeling so often discouraged, tired and unsuccessful. I am having a ridiculously hard time with Jordyn lately, and it makes me feel guilty and helpless. Her behavior is totally stumping me. It's not worth going into detail because I'd probably write a book, but when my 5 year old is spitting, and yelling, and crying and slamming doors and hitting her sister.....very consistantly, I don't really know what to do. And the even trickier part is her dual personality. I mean, one one hand she is the most articulate, smart, happy, fun, focused and intuitive person. And on the other, she is acting exactly how I would expect a 2 year old to act.

OK, I'm not really complaining, I'm more venting. Hopefully its a phase and I'll look back and be like "wow, that was hard. I wish I wouldn't have gotten so worked up and realized it was just a phase...". Its just draining me lately and I am a fix-it person, so I get discouraged when I can't fix something! I'll keep ya posted.

13 comments:

Chelley said...

Wow what a budding artist you have there!!!!

That drawing is really sweet! Def one for the scrapbook!!

Chelley said...

any updates on CSET test?

Carlotta said...

AMEN, I always feel bad when I throw stuff out especially when I think of how excited Alyson was to give it to me. I have to tell her that if I kept EVERYTHING that we would have to have a special house just for artwork and "special projects"

Jamie and Family said...

Chelley, thanks for asking! I have been putting off posting about all that for some reason....but I did pass all three sections of the test! (I found out about a week ago) Woohooo!

Beth said...

All I can do is offer my sympathy for what you are going through with Jordyn. It is hard to believe because when I'm around her she acts so cute and sweet. I think that is a hard part though because only the mother knows what it is like, and it is hard to explain to anyone else or have anyone else understand. I just know that you are mother who is in tune. I'm SURE this phase will pass. Congratulations on passing your test! you are so quiet about it! We should have thrown a party or something.

Jill said...

I have often been heard saying 'I hate 5' meaning 5 years old. Both my sweet girls turned into sassy, crazy things that I could not handle. It's definately a stage and she's just trying out her independence, but it's really hard on Mom! Hang in there! I don't have any good hints on how to handle it...just endure. Congrats on your test! You smarty pants! Jill

Jamie and Family said...

Jill, thanks for the reassurance....and I think I may mentally adopt your motto about 5. It is totally throwing me!

Unknown said...

Jordyn sounds just like Cooper. It is very hard having a child like that. All I find I can do is walk away when he acts like that and remind myself how much I love him.

Eliza2006 said...

Cute pic! I bet your mom feels special that she was included! I'm discovering that there are definitely phases that are harder than others. Luckily, because if it were all hard I'd want to throw the towel in. Hold on...when you feel trapped inside a never ending night. Ha Ha...thought you needed a little Michael Mclean. Please tell me you get it!

Tiffany

Jamie and Family said...

Tiff...

...when you've forgotten how it feels to feel the light...

i ALWAYS get it ;-)

Daytrippingmom Media said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daytrippingmom Media said...

Hi Jamie- I love the picture- It's totally cute. Jordyn is totally talented and I'm loving the highlights in the picture. She pays attention to detail!! I'm sorry you are going through a rough time.I can't offer any advise really but I can somewhat relate to what you are feeling because Lauren is acting up like a maniac right now. She is constantly beating on her brother and I thought she had gotten over her jealousy issues but I guess not.Sometimes I feel that I'm going to lose my mind and patience. I have to say though that I really love your posts. You are so candid about motherhood and it's just so refreshing to read your blog Also congrats on the CBEST!! That's awesome. This is an awesome accomplishment. I know quite a few people that had to take it a couple of times before they passed it.Congrats again!!

Jamie and Family said...

Aracely - Welcome back! I've missed your posts and your comments.

And hang in there with Lauren. The 2's are hard - even if you think it just sounds cliche to say!!!