Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Daddy at the Dentist


Jordyn had another dentist appointment yesterday to get a spacer. Thus far, she has no dentist "phobias". Afterwards, she REALLY wanted Lexi to play 'dentist' with her. But Lexi DOES have dentist phobias, so the answer was NO (but with a little more whining and arguing involved).


Since they know Mommy is no fun by about 6 in the evening, Daddy was the perfect target. And he is such a good sport. Jordyn was the dentist and he was the patient. Her mannerisms were so accurate, I kept thinking I'd hear a drill and suction at any moment.


The cutest part of the evening. After about an hour of the girls playing with Tucker, Jordyn proclaimed "We are having SOOOOO much fun! I bet no one else is having THIS much fun!"


I said, "why not?".


"Because Daddy is the funnest Daddy in the whole world! We are having the MOST fun than anyone!".


And that, my friends, is exactly how I want my girls to feel about their Daddy. For a quick moment, I forgot that I was really tired and had a big smile on my face.

6 comments:

Tara said...

That is precious! Tucker is a way awesome dad, and husband. :) He is one of a kind, and your girls are going to grow up with high expectations for the men in their lives. This is just so cute that the girls were having so much fun role-playing!

Katie said...

HOORAY! That makes me sooooo happy! Jordyn may not have a career in dentistry, but at least we know that she will be a wonderful humanitarian! By the way... Tucker is a great dad to allow his girls to do that.

Beth said...

That is such a cute picture. I can't believe Tucker was able to close his eyes. I would have been scared!

Tucker said...

My favorite parts of the night (besides making the noises of a drill and the sucking thing) were 1) When I got Jordyn to put on my headlamp, because it makes it look more like the dentist

2)When Jordyn leaned in really close to my teeth, I quickly leaned up and planted a big kiss on her lips. She screamed, "Daddy you're not supposed to do THAT!"

Made ME laugh..

Chris Grover said...

That is so funny! Another excellent use of the head lamp! Are we seeing a glimpse into Jordyn's future?!

Grammy said...

That is waaaay to cute for words! Your girls are so adorable! You and Tucker are such awesome parents, Jamie. I love reading your blog.