Sunday, September 23, 2007

Big and Pink






This weekend was a big one for our Lex! She finally got her own BIG bed! She's been in a toddler bed for nearly two years. We figure she must be out-growing it because when we go in her room at night, she's sleeping on the floor!


One word - craigslist! A daybed, trundle bed and mattresses (in great condition) for $75. That felt pretty good - the trundle is a fun bonus.


We went to HomeGoods (ever been there?) with the girls and found some GREAT deals on the bedding. I told Jordyn she could pick out new bedding too, since she's had hers for 3 1/2 years, and I found it strange when she did NOT want to. But she really does like things to stay the same. If I even move a picture onto a different wall in her room, she gets all distraught.
Oh, and the only thing I didn't like the frame is the cheesy gold balls on the ends, so I quickly got creative with some of our princess things and made even more girly cuteness!

AND [obviously I LOVE flashbacks] check out this old pic from when Jordyn got HER own big girl bed back in March 2004. They were such babies!!!!

8 comments:

Beth said...

I love it! What a great deal. I haven't had much luck with craigslist yet. But you inspire me to keep trying.

Mike & Lindy said...

What an awesome deal! She looks like a polk a dot in her bed. Lyric was rather excited when Tucker brought the "flower" bed over tonight!

Carlotta said...

i didn't know that bed would get SO much use when I go it. LOL

Daytrippingmom Media said...

Cute bed and I love the cute corner covers. You did an awesome job- they are so girly and cute. I really love the bedding and I am also a fan of Home Goods! I Love that place.

Chelley said...

That is almost a STEAL! It looks very girly!!

Inst it so exciting when they move up to a REAL BED!!

love the bedding!

Chelley said...

YOU HAVE BEEN TAGGED!

What did you go to bed with?

check out http://chelleyau.blogspot.com/


(because I know you love a good flashback)

Tara said...

What an AWESOME deal! It looks SO perfect for Lexi! I like your creativity with the gold balls, good job! Girls are so much fun, I miss "little girls" stages.
btw- did you get a chance to look at our fam pic on Lindsay's blog?

Chris Grover said...

What?! You mean, they don't just stay small enough to always sleep in a bassinet?! I am having a hard time thinking about moving Kaiya to her crib! That's a big step for Lexi! And I am such a HUGE fan of Craigslist! What a GREAT deal! LOVE the bedding too! And such innovation covering the golden knob!