Saturday, September 22, 2007

33 Years is a LONG Time!


Well, my heaven's to mercatroid (a saying from my mother) and oh my stars and garters (also from my mother.....or was the 'garters' part my add-on?). HOW and WHY did I NOT do this for my Flashback Friday??????????



My parents anniversary was yesterday. 33 years! And let me tell ya they have worked their butts off for that accomplishment! Huge congrats!



In Anaheim, CA on September 21,1974 is where it all happened. They were later sealed as an eternal family in the Oakland, CA temple in maybe 1980 ish? Carly and I were both there as little girls.

They have moved somewhere around 15 times, had a variety of jobs, opened [and closed] businesses, had 5 children, dealt with illness and death, have 6 grandchildren, STILL have teenagers at home, had several callings in the church, touched many people's lives, raised a righteous family, bought lots of cars....and have come a long way since that good ol' green 1970's station wagon. Whew!




WAY TO GO MOM AND DAD!!! WE LOVE YOU!

7 comments:

Tara said...

I LOVE your mom's sayings!!! I didn't know we shared the same anniversary. Maybe you told me once, but I had forgotten. Congratulations Pam and Mike, I love you guys!!! Your parents sure look hot for being married 33 years! :) I miss those station wagons, they are now classics, funny huh? Another fun post Jay!

Beth said...

Wow!!! Happy Anniversary! They have raised a big, wonderful family, and accoplished so much. I guess I had no idea your dad has (had) curly hair! Love the post.

Unknown said...

Such a big accomplishment. Especially for their generation- so many of them are divorced- like my parents! i love them so much:) Way to go.

Bubbly Faces said...

Ok those sayings brought back so many memories for me. The other one I love is "Gentle soft and kind" (in a singing voice). I love your parents their great. Congrats to them!

Daytrippingmom Media said...

33 years is such an accomplishment!! Congratulations Pam and Mike. You guys are awesome. We love ya!!

Chris Grover said...

The funny thing to me though is how they both still look so young!! Beautiful pictures! I often look at these great examples of lasting marriage and it is so inspiring!

Allan and Diane said...

Well Happy 33 to Mike and Pam. We have such fond memories of our years together, even tho they don't date back quite that far. But I do remember the births of the last 3 and how wild and crazy your mom was and how cool and collected your dad was. What a terrific couple, parents, and now grandma and papa. Eternal families--how blessed.