Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Signing Time

I just have to publicly say how much I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Signing Time DVD's. If you do not have them for your children, they are a MUST have. They are great for babies, 5 year olds....heck, even adults! When they are on, I find myself completely enthralled...even if it's the 50th time I've seen it! The songs are GREAT, the signs are SO easy to learn and they are SO well done. My kids ask to watch them multiple times per day...and if I sing one of the Signing Time songs to Peyton, her eyes light up and she quickly looks over at the TV, like "is it on? is it on?" If you have never seen a Signing Time, go to the website and check it out . They are well worth the money. Right now we only have #4 and #5, plus #1 of Baby Signing Time. I think there are like 15 volumes total.

Seriously, without Signing Time and Baby Einstein (which is still a favorite) I would probably never do laundry, clean the house or take a shower. So I guess I'd be a stinky, dirty, stained mess. Whew!

4 comments:

Eliza2006 said...

AMEN! Eliza used to do the same thing when I'd sing the ST song!

Tiffany

Jill said...

I have wondered about these videos! The de Azevedo's went to school with me although neither was in my class. Good recommendation! I'll bet my girls would love it, as well as B. Thanks!

Debbie said...

we only have 1 of the videos but my boys love it. thanks to you i put it in after reading your post to get a little "me" time.

Jamie and Family said...

Just wanted to add a couple things...

-you don't have to watch them consecutively - meaning, they don't necessarily build on eachother. You can randomly watch volume 7 w/o seeing the first 6 and it would not be out of order. They are done by categories.

- if you have only seen volumes 1-3, you HAVE to get volumes 4 on because they are WAY better. In fact, they have re-done 1-3 to make them match the style of the latter ones.

Seriously, they are totally worth it.
-Jamie