Monday, June 18, 2007

Road Trippin'

So, we just got back from a [very spontaneous] road trip! I wanted to see some of my longest friends who all live far away from me, so I packed up all the kids...along with Lindy (my brave 36 week pregnant sister) & Lyric and off we went! We were gone for a week, saw lots of friends, made lots of memories and lost lots of sleep. As crazy as it was...and as much energy as the week took (I am still in the recovery process)...it was SO worth it. I always wish I could see my long-distance friends more often...maybe this will be a summer tradition. And I am SO glad Lindy came with - it would not have been even half as smooth or fun without her!! I am so thankful for each of these people and the roles they have played in my life. My mom was always an example to me of having lots of friends - and she always taught me that each friend can be equally important in different ways. That is so true in my life. Thanks to all of you for being so important in my life!
I don't know if it's possible to re-cap the week appropriately, but I'll try...

***************
First we spent time with Tara and her kids. Tara and I have been friends since we were babies, so she is definitely family to me. Tara is probably the most creative, artistic and inventive people I know. She made a great BBQ chicken dinner and then we roasted smores with the kids. She just had her third (little baby Eddie) three months ago. We get to see eachother way less than I'd like!





Tara (as I said is inventive) made these baby wraps!


******************

Our next stop was to set up camp at Tiffany's house. Tiff and I have been friends for 9 years - ever since we were roomates at BYU Hawaii. She is my soul mate friend who totally gets me. She has a big room that was perfect for us to unload and use as home base during out visit.


***************

The next day we drove up to Brittany's new house. She just had a baby (her third...little Ashkiilani). We hung out and had fun catching up. Britt and I have known eachother for 20 years, and have lots of fun memories- especially from the good ol' college years when we were roomates!

Jordyn, Ame, Kaipo, Peyton, Lexi and Lyric


********************


Next was a really fun waterpark. A bunch of us met there and let the kids go wild. It was perfect for our 5 and under aged children - even Peyton loved it!



(Look at Lindy...what a trooper!!)

Tiff and I with our babies! Eliza (15 months) and Peyton (7 months)
All the gang!
Britt, me and Katie
After the waterpark we went to Katie's for pizza. It's so fun to see our kids play since Katie and I have MANY memories of playing from age 10 on. Katie has been a staple in my life for almost as long as I can remember. It's strange to see life come full circle like this.

look at those cute girls - Savannah and Jordyn


*******************
Next stop was Karli. Tiff, Lindy, myself and all the girls met Karli for lunch and then hung out at her cute house. Karli and I also go way back...since age 10 when we were assistants in a magic show together. From that moment on, we were bonded! Kar overlaps lots of phases in my life...from jr high crushes to college heartbreaks to working at McDonalds in Hawaii and now to being wives and mommies.



Karli was SOOOO nice to teach Jordyn how to take pictures with her NICE and NEW camera. What a nice gal!

I can't explain how much Peyton liked Chase - she wasn't scared of his almost horse-like-size!!! ha ha. Chase was REALLY hoping she'd share her bottle with him!

8 comments:

Tara said...

I love it! That was such a fun visit, and from the pictures it looks like you had a blast all around. Yes, make it a tradition! I think it is awesome how we are all connected in some small way through our friendship with you. I really enjoyed seeing the pics of the girls I remember spending time with on my visits with you in our younger years. Everyone looks so happy, it is great to see that. What a wonderful trip full of memories! Thank you for taking that road trip! love you Jay!

Eliza2006 said...

That really was a fun week. I loved that Lindy came too. Yes, she is very brave. I look forward to next year! Aloha!

Tiffany

Unknown said...

We were so glad to see you too. It is never long enough of coarse! I love that the kids have so much fun although they don't see each other often.

Chris Grover said...

I'm soooo glad you guys braved the trip!! It was AWESOME getting together and spending a little time with you and Tiff and all those adorable girls. I wish it could be more often!! Glad you made it home safe and sound! Love you, Jamie!

Chris Grover said...

Oh yeah, and sorry, one more thing, your girls are each sooo unique and beautiful! It was so nice to finally meet little Peyton and to see how much she loved Chase! Haa!

Jill said...

Ok, I know Kville is out of the way, but call me if you have time next time you are around and I will meet you somewhere closer! I'm glad you had a great time! What a neat bunch of friends you have! It's because you are such a great gal! Jill

Beth said...

I loved the history, and pictures of all your friends that I love hearing about. You have many friends because you are such a wonderful friend to have. Love ya!

Daytrippingmom Media said...

I loved reading about your adventure. It looked like you all had a great time. It's so nice to visit and reconnect with friends. I still can't believe how brave Lindy was to be almost due and go on a long road trip-Fun post!!!