Friday, June 08, 2007

Flashback Friday

This flashback is dedicated to my Dad. I have just recently seen these old pics for the first time. My mom discovered a box of photos and scanned them to her computer. I am fascinated by old pictures and the story behind them. I can't believe how much my dad looks like my brother Ryan (or vice versa) in these pics. Looking at these pics reminds me of what a long road my dad has traveled to be who and what he is today. Not an easy childhood, rocky teenage years, serving in the navy, learning along side my mom to live life according to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and proceeding to raise five wonderful, amazing, talented, smart...I could go on (ha ha j/k)...kids. I love my Dad and have always appreciated the relationship we have (though I did NOT want him to know that from the ages of 14-18, typical teenager). I trust his opinion and have often sought his wisdom and advice in my life. I'm thankful for the adult relationship we have, and I especially love to see him with my girls. They sure love their Grandpa and know how to break down his quiet and aloof exterior - they know he's just a big ol' teaser. Thanks for being such a great Dad!!!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow- those really do a look a lot like Ryan!