Friday, December 10, 2010

Shots and the Slow Pediatrician

Our pediatrician is the kind that over-books himself.  You can always count on being there FOREVER.  I hate going.  But today I took all three girls so Jo and Lex could get the nasal mist flu vaccine, and Pey needed her 4 year old immunizations/check-up.  It was a long two hours!

They were actually really good, and I was especially grateful as I had flashbacks of the days with babies and toddlers in the doctor’s waiting room.  That was much harder.  But what made this difficult was Pey’s anticipation of the shots.  And Lexi getting sick and needing to just lay down.

_DSC0475 

 

Pey was so freaked out by the finger prick to test her iron…I wasn’t sure WHAT she’d do at the actual shots! 

_DSC0477 

 

And this is her AFTER it was all over.  She was really mad that I was taking a picture (if you can’t tell).  She hated every second of those shots and I’m not sure how the nurse actually got them in with her strong legs fighting my grasp!  Good times.

 

As you might expect, as her treat, Peyton picked a hamburger patty (by itself) and fries from In-N-Out. (ha ha ha)

_DSC0480

1 comment:

britt said...

LONG waits for Drs appts are never fun, especially when the wait is followed by SHOTS!