Sunday, December 05, 2010

Elfie and Christmastime

Meet Elfie.  Our Elf-On-The-Shelf.  We got him two years ago for Christmas from Gam & Pa.  Last year was the first time we had the Elfie experience…and he was a huge hit!!  The kids wake up each morning and cannot WAIT to see where Elfie has moved to.  It’s quite the excitement (or fight if one sister spills the beans and tells the other sister where she’s found Elfie).

_DSC0011  Christmas 2010 things (5) 

 

Wooden nativities are the best!

_DSC0013 

 

Julia is my friend who owns Trinkets & Treasures.  She is a professional tree decorator, and I was telling her how ashamed she’d be if she saw how I decorate my tree.  She offered to come do the ribbon on my tree as a return of some favors I’d done for her, so she came over for an hour and worked her magic! Look how great the tree looks!

_DSC0020Christmas 2010 things (2)

_DSC0025 

 

I made these green ornaments for the girls for their 2010 ornament of the year.

_DSC0026 _DSC0029

 

These dolls are special because Tucker’s mom, Judy, hand made them for the Festival of Trees one year in UT when Tucker was like 10 or so.

_DSC0030 

 

This is not an unusual sighting of Peyton.  It’s hard being four!

_DSC0031 

 

We thought this was funny.  While we were decorating, our cat jumped up and wanted to be just like the other musical decorations :-)

_DSC0035

2 comments:

Jeannine and Neal said...

Your tree is beautiful and I'm glad you are using the elf. I think you and Lynda Ann are the only ones who remember to do that every year. Loved all your other pictures. Can't wait to see the Christmas card you create for Neal and I.
Love, Jeannine

britt said...

that tree is awesome! I would LOVE to have someone professionally decorate mine!! Where did you get the wooden nativity? I have one I inherited from my mom, that is plain wood, but over the years the have taken a beating and the have been drawn all over. I would love to have one the kids can play with.