Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas 2010

Santa was kind enough to come one week early for our family.  Since we were preparing to spend Christmas Even in Utah this year, it made it so nice to still have our own Christmas morning without hauling things to and fro. 

Beware:  This year, for some reason, I took the weirdest pictures of Eve and Morn.  I think I was focusing so much more on videoing everything, so my pictures did not capture very many moments! 

 

The night before Christmas, the girls helped me bake cookies for Santa.  We did chocolate chip and peanut butter. We read Luke chapter 2 and talked about it using our wooden nativity that they children can play with. 

 

In 2004, I made a small box for each of my young women at church (and one for myself) that has tiny little props inside to teach the meanings of the symbols of Christmas.  A bell, a bow, a candy cane, a wreath, a tree, red, a star, etc.  So they love to get that out and re-learn it.  Jordyn taught us about the symbols.

 

Then they opened one present each, which was a (not worth the money) sing-a-ma-jig or whatever.  It was fun for 5 minutes.

_DSC0215 

 

This is a picture after Santa ate some of our cookies, on the plate I made.  I did several of these custom plates this year for people.

_DSC0220 

 

Each girl had their own stacks of gifts, with a letter from Santa.

_DSC0219 _DSC0218   _DSC0216

 

Lexi got up about 6:45 on Christmas morning.  Then Jordyn a few minutes later, and finally Peyton.  It was a just-right morning.  Not too overboard on the gifts, and the girls seemed grateful for everything.  It was a great balance of fun and useful.

 

I got Tucker a new wallet, since his is about 20 years old.  Some jeans, slippers, Hawaiian candies.

_DSC0022

 

The girls got lots of games: : Life, Sorry, a new Connect Four, Perfection.  Pinocchio and Dispicable Me movies.

_DSC0024

 

Tucker got me a router with a router table!  Yay!  I am so excited.

_DSC0033

_DSC0036


Jordyn and Lexi have Secret Santa shops at their school, so they love picking out gifts for all of us. I really wish I would have taken more pics.  I was so tired, after they opened their presents I literally died in bed for a two hour nap and then we rushed off to our next event.    Jordyn got me some candy cane striped candles and Tucker a 49ers lanyard.  Lexi got me some shower gel and Tucker a mallot.   

_DSC0037

 

These are some new fad…erasers that come apart like little toys.  Lexi is holding one that is a stapler.  Strange.  Lots of tiny pieces.

DSC01753  DSC01754

 

And Santa left us this book with tickets to the Nutcracker for that day!  So at 2:00 that day, we all went to the Nutcracker ballet in Fresno.  I was very impressed that the girls held their interest for the entire two hours!  I hoped they would appreciate it since they are dancers, but we also read them the story beforehand so they would know what was going on.  Plus, they had seen the Barbie Nutcracker several times ;-)

 

I had never actually seen the Nutcracker, and I did enjoy it.  I do wish they could find a way for the men to wear a little less tight-fitting pants though.  Just as I was trying not to be distracted by it, Jordyn leaned over and said “Mom, I can see his privates”. Ha ha ha, I just laughed and said “I know”.

_DSC0027

A rainy, windy pic after the Nutcracker.

_DSC0049

 

I am very grateful for the blessings we have.

2 comments:

britt said...

What a fun EARLY christmas, and yeah for TUcker joining all of you at the NUtcracker. I don't think I could ever convince QUinn to go, especially with OUR whole family. It is definitely a girl thing. I would love to go with Ame, she went this year with a friend.

Unknown said...

You were so much more organized than me this year. Santa didn't even get his presents wrapped! Santa was too sick. I told Ryan the Nutcracker story and he laughed so hard. He feels the same way as do I. It is funny how toys can be such a fad depending on where you live too. Because I have never heard of those erasers. I do wish I lived by you so you could make me lots of wood crafts:)