Thursday, December 23, 2010

Alisa’s Hair

 

One of the young women in our ward asked me to do her hair for winter formal last week.   I like fixing hair, but I always get nervous because…what if they hate it?  Alisa is 16 and I was thinking how strange it is that when we moved here, she was 8 just like Jordyn is now.  I was feeling a strange nervousness as I was fixing her hair realizing that it will so quickly be my daughter sitting there getting HER hair done for a dance.  And I suddenly wanted to run away!  It sounds so scary to let go like that.  To send her off with a boy hoping she makes good choices, but knowing full well that you have NO control over that.

 

She looked beautiful.  My girls were with me and loved seeing her look like a princess.

_DSC0200 _DSC0160 

 _DSC0152 _DSC0157

2 comments:

britt said...

YOU have always been amazing with hair, I was lucky enough have you do mine on my BIG day!!
And that is a scary thought that one day that will be our girls getting ready for their big dances. One day, TOO SOON for sure!!!

Janessa Couch said...

Oh, she looks gorgeous. I remember when you did my hair for prom and I just remember feeling like a princess for the day. I absolutely LOVED my hair and it made the day that much more enjoyable.