Sunday, December 05, 2010

My Funny Girls

LEXI

The other night, just after going to bed, Lexi came out and said “Mom and Dad, the cat is bugging me”.  So Tucker simply said “Well, then kick him out”.  She immediately got a sad look on her face and just stared at him.  I was wondering what was wrong when it hit me that she actually thought he meant to KICK him out!  LOL, I laughed and explained to her that it’s a saying and it really just means to get him out.  ha ha ha, I love the innocence!!

 

(Lexi - still really shy with Santa…but at least she doesn’t hyperventilate like she did when she was a toddler!)

CHristmas 2010 2

 

I also caught Peyton scribbling in Lexi’s new journal the other day, so as I went to take it from her, I noticed this hilarious entry from her.  Oh man Jordyn, do I EVER relate to being called a bossy older sister!  Too funny that she wrote so nicely about it!

Christmas 2010 things (7)

 

JORDYN

We were driving home from school on Friday and I explained to the girls that I would have to be on the computer a lot that afternoon because I was preparing for the festival the next day.  A minute later, we drove by a mom walking her two young kids in a double stroller.  Jordyn says “Look at that mom, walking her two kids outside getting exercise instead of sitting on the computer all day”.  Her quick wit took me off guard and all I could do is laugh…and then I said “Well, maybe that mom isn’t getting ready to work all day Saturday to earn money to buy Christmas presents for her kids”.  Touche.  We both got a good laugh.

_DSC0026

 

Lyric got an Elf on the Shelf and after hearing about how much fun we’ve had with our Elfie (what we named him), she wanted to name hers the same name.  Jordyn was not okay with this idea, so Lindy overheard her saying something like (insert really exaggerated teacher tone) “Now Lyric, that would be like everyone around you being named Lyric, that would be wierd”.  Little logical Miss Priss :-)

 

 PEYTON

Peyton has always been a sparse eater.  Thank heavens for chocolate milk, which sustains her many days.  Anyway, Tucker talked to the pharmacist at Wal-Mart asking about Pedia-sure or something like that.  So he recommended this powdered formula for older toddlers (even though she’s four).  We were pretty sure it wouldn’t go over too well, so that night in the middle of the night when she asked for chocolate milk, tucker made it with the formula powder.  He handed it to her in her bed and then closed her door.  No sooner had he crawled back into bed and we heard her open her door.  She politely her cup to him and said “Dad, this is disgusting”.  And went back to bed.  

_DSC0002
So the next day, I decided to try it one more time.  I tried my best to disguise it.  Pretty quickly I hear “Moooom, you made me the same disgusting chocolate milk that Daddy did!”.  I laughed so hard for some reason.  No tricking Pey! 

 

(why oh why do we spend money on gifts when kids are so entertained by a homemade  cardboard box doll house?)

Pey with Box House (2)

1 comment:

britt said...

how funny about the chocolate milk. I struggled with Kaipo for quite some time and milk. After taking his MAGIC sippy cup away, he wouldn't touch milk. A few months ago I FINALLY got him to start drinking it again with nesquick mixed in, he won't even drink store bought choc milk. Nice nesquik makes a no sugar added mix too. Good luck with Peyton!?