Thursday, December 23, 2010

Lexi at School

I never blogged these pics of Lexi on the bars at school.  Back in November, we had a Thanksgiving Feast in Mrs. Stone’s classroom. This is where she buys two large turkeys from a local restaurant and has the Superintendant, Dr. Mark Ford, come into the classroom and carve the turkeys for all the kids.  Then she has moms bring in all the traditional Thanksgiving sides and we have a HUGE feast.  Full-on Thanksgiving dinner, during lunchtime at school.  No other teacher does this…and no other teacher could get Dr. Ford to come carve their turkeys.  But she insists on tradition and she’s been doing this forever.

 

Anyway, one of the fun things about going to the girls’ school is seeing them in their “element”.  I like to see who they hang out with and what they do at recess.  Lexi is obsessed with the bars.  That is ALL she does.  I remember doing that in first grade, seeing how many flips I could do in a row.  If my memory serves me correctly, I got up to 29 front flips consecutively.  And probably had huge blisters to prove it! 

Well, that is how determined she is too.  She had done 15 so far.  She loves it so much.  I told her she needs to ask Grandpa to build her bars in our backyard just like he did for me when I was her age.  I always have to remind her that our couches are not bars because she tries to flip over them all the time!

 

_DSC0366 _DSC0365 _DSC0356 

 _DSC0343

Mrs. Stone has contests all the time.  This is the Turkey contest.  Everyone who comes in the classroom can submit an anonymous vote for the top six turkeys they like best.  Then, every single student gets an award…but there IS an official winner and a first place prize. 

_DSC0338

 

And Lexi won first place with her turkey “Dottie” (they name them)!!! 

_DSC0377  

 

I love this pic.  Here is the superintendant Dr. Ford with all the kids!  He is so nice.

_DSC0332

1 comment:

britt said...

How neat the Superintendent came to their class(reminds me of my dad back in the day) and way to go Lexi on the cute Turkey!!