Sunday, November 23, 2008

Lexi's 5th Birthday

As I write this post, my heart is overflowing with love for this second daughter of mine, Lexi. I can't believe tomorrow is her 5th birthday. I really want it to slow down just a little. But what a sweet and special girl she is!

These pictures are so priceless to me. I do remember her this little, but not as well as I'd like to. I remember that it was a hard adjustment for me to go from 1 to 2 kids. Plus they were 19 months apart, so we definitely had our rough days. She was such a beautiful baby and was born with black hair! Around 5 months old we started to see the transformation into what became blonde.



And now she is a big 5 year old Kindergartener! Oh my, how did it happen? I love the little ray of sunshine that Lexi is in our family. She is a very self-motivated child. Lexi loves to fix her own hair (and does it well!). She always clears her dishes from the table without being asked. She is a huge animal lover and cries when our dog Belle even walks across the street because she's afraid she'll get hurt. Lexi absolutely loves every second of Kindergarten, and talks about her teacher with stars in her eyes. She is completely thrilled with herself that she can read now. Lexi also stands up for what she believes in. Last week she told me that some of her friends like to say "oh my God" and Lexi shared with them that it makes Heavenly Father feel sad when we say his name like that. When Lexi gives me a hug goodnight, she likes to make me give her lots of hugs so she can keep smelling my perfume. Whenever Lexi watches any of the High School Musical movies, she covers her eyes on the parts where Troy and Gabriella *almost* kiss because she's so embarrassed. She often asks me why she's the only one in our family with blonde hair, and why can't she have red? And Lexi still loves anything pink. I sure love this girl.

We had a little early birthday party for her this year. After the big day was over, and I felt pretty satisfied with it. But when I asked Lex if she had fun, she said "Yes!! But on my REAL birthday (meaning the 24th) I want a Jasmine cake, and Kylie to come over, and , and, and, and....". Ugh. Maybe it's just best to always celebrate birthdays on the actual day from now on!

I did my first photo cake this year. I ordered her picture on edible photo paper, and just simply put it on a round cake! She liked it and thought it was pretty cool!




Cousin Lyric, Lexi and Jordyn

I took the girls to get manicures and pedicures for a little princess treatment.



The finished product! They loved it and thought it was so special and fun. This picture has Lyric, Madelyn (friend from dance), Lexi and Jordyn.

Afterward, I took them to dance class together. Lyric came with us as a special birthday treat (her class is usually on a different day)
Then, per Lexi's request, we had McDonald's kids meals for dinner.

Lexi and Daddy


Then we got to the cake and presents - the best part!

Lexi got a little wild and crazy. It's fun to be the center of attention sometimes!

And Peyton followed suit.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET GIRL!!!! We love you so very much Lexi-lou!

11 comments:

K Western said...

We wish Lexi a Happy Birthday! She is such a cutie! So crazy to think that our little babies our now FIVE!

Eliza2006 said...

She is a sweet girl! Happy happy birthday...on your REAL birthday, Lexi!

Tiffany

Daytrippingmom Media said...

Happy Birthday Lexi! She is a beauty and sweetie!! I loved her cake and it looks like she had a great birthday party. I love the pictures when they are getting their manicures. Such a great idea.

Janessa Couch said...

I will have to steal that manicure idea. What little princess would not like her fingernails painted.

Melvin and Carly said...

Wow! 5! Happy birthday Lexi!

britt said...

That is so funny her requests for her REAL birthday, but so cute! I love the photo cake, maybe I'll try that one time, seems MUCH easier!! Happy Birthday Lexi, from all of us!

britt said...

ps and the manicure/special treatment thing is sucha great idea. Ame was IN HEAVEN when we did that for her bday. I think she would do it every year!

Katie said...

That was such a sweet post about your little Lexi. She really seems to be one of a kind! Happy birthday Lexi.

Chris Grover said...

happy birthday, little lexi! i'm not kidding, she is just beautiful! i didn't realize how close in age lexi and jordyn are, but i love that picture of the two of them when lexi was a baby. they have grown up great friends! very cute cake, too, by the way!

Global Girl said...

Happy Birthday, Lexi!

Debbie said...

i love the photo cake idea, you are so creative!