Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy 56th Dad/Grandpa


Funny how, over time, our roles in life change. And with those changes can come a change in name. Now-a-days my parents are referred to (by all of us) more often as Grandma/Grandpa than Dad/Mom.

So, today it isn't just Happy Birthday Dad....but Happy Birthday Grandpa!

We had a simple little get-together tonight after piano lessons for my Dad. I made him a double-layer chocolate cake, with a little Harley-Davidson flair for his sake. My dad isn't much of a party-lover, but how often in life do we keep things fun for the little ones! My mom knew the kids would get a thrill off the balloons and cake, so we had a small but festive party. And I was happy to remember to capture some of it.









10 comments:

Melvin and Carly said...

Once again, I'm impressed by your cake! Nice flames! Hope your dad had a nice birthday.

Daytrippingmom Media said...

A Harley Davidson cake!!That is so awesome! I love it. Happy Birthday Mike! Hope he had a great one :)

I still can't get over your cakes - they are so awesome!!

Eliza2006 said...

Good job on the cake. Happy b-day to your dad! looks like a good time!

Aimie said...

obviously I am not the only one here that thinks your a rockin cake decorator. Did you take a class or just a natural. Yu have many talents Jamie. I hope your doing well. Is tucker going to San Diego for the U game? I wish I was but I did make it to the TCU game.

Allan and Diane said...

Well HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Mike! Your mom and dad look so good for their age (which is still quite young by the way). Aren't the simple family get togethers often the BEST? Tell your mom and dad HI from us.

Tara said...

Awesome cake Jay! Your dad is sure looking good. Happy birthday Mike!

Beth said...

Happy Birthday Mike! Looks like a fun little gathering!

Owen said...

Small yet festive??? That seemed big and majorly awesome if you ask me!! The cake is to die for!

Chris Grover said...

how fun and i bet your dad just loves being able to celebrate with all the people he loves! amazing cake, AGAIN, jamie!

britt said...

how do you continuously come up with these cake ideas? Have you seriously considered taking orders to sell?
Your dad is awesome! Tell him hello and happy belated bday!!