Monday, November 03, 2008

From Magic Shows, to Poly Boys to Motherhood.....We've Come So Far!

I don't exactly know how I got so lucky, but I got a personal 7 HOUR visit from one of my oldest & dearest friends, and one of my favorite people in the world last week. Karli was on a trip to California all the way from UT, and still drove another two hours just to see me! It was unusual because we were husband-less and even semi kid-less (Kaiya stayed with Chris and my older two were at school).....so it was 7 straight hours of Karli and I doing what we do best. TALKING!

When my girls got home from school, our talking was definitely very interrupted, but they really took to Karli and she has such a way with kids! Lexi has told me several times since Karli left "when is Karli gonna come back and play?". And Jordyn was concerned where Chase (the horse dog) was!

So fun. I love this girl so much. We covered so many topics (and still left so many untouched). For us, 7 hours is just getting started! I always love the way we can relate to eachother, laugh, cry and just connect. Thank you Kar, it was so wonderful and I really needed it!



5 comments:

Tabitha said...

I love those visits! My friend just came a few weeks ago and all we did was talk, and I really needed that as well!
P.S. I love your hair! Love the color, love the cut!

Tara said...

That is awesome! I can only imagine how fantasic and needed that was for you. Could there possibly be another 30 yr old on the planet with a more positive and grateful outlook on life? :) If I was a doctor and had to prescribe a friend for you right now, Karli would be it. :) (I always feel uplifted when I read her blog) I bet that day was refreshing and rejuvinating for you. Girlfriends are the best!

Janessa Couch said...

What a fun and special visit. It is fun to have a friend that you can just pick up where you left off even after being apart for so long.

Chris Grover said...

that header really says it all! i had to totally laugh at that one! poly boys...hehe! jamie, you have no idea how great it was for me to spend the day with you! it's like sunshine to my soul to talk to you. we had a LOT to talk about, huh? and i hope you always know that our talks can continue anytime! i'll be counting down the days until our next get-together! thanks for making me feel so at home! and tell your girl hi -- it was so fun to play with them for a little bit! they have such zeal for life! i love it and i love you!

britt said...

OK I am so jealous of your visit together. But I am glad you got it! I really want to make a trip out to Cali. But with QUinn's crazy work schedule I don't know when we can ever make it work. Plus I want to come sometime when the weather is good BEACH weather!
I am hoping maybe in the spring? We will see.