Thursday, November 27, 2008

I'm Thankful


Today was a good day. I felt happy and thankful today. Which is a good way to feel on Thanksgiving!

It started out with Tucker playing in our ward's traditional annual Turkey Bowl. He never fails to have fun....and never fails to get hurt! His calf is twice as big as normal and it's hard to walk on it.....but he calls that fun!


We went over to my mom and dad's house this year. My mom's goal was to make the day very special for the grandkids and even bought them matching dresses this year.

My dad always likes to experiment with different ways to cook meat. So this year, he brined the turkey and then cooked it rotisserie style! It was very flavorful and the skin was so yummy! He also cooked a prime rib....since we aren't turkey-lovers in our family. Yum! Thanks Dad!


Mom and Dad work well together. Mom took care of all the rest of the yummy food. Made her yams, stuffing and mashed potatoes with gravy. She also set the tone for the meal by setting up the karaoke machine (which the kids loved) and having each of us say what we are thankful for.


After dinner, the kids played and played and played. They love Grandma's toys.

One of the many things I'm thankful for......



One of the things my mom did for the kids is make a bunch of cupcakes and they got to decorate them all by themselves! They thought it was so fun and ate at least half of them!



The finished product on display!
Next, we had a little talent show. The kids put on special outfits and danced around the room. They also showed off their piano-skills! Check out Paxton's awesome outfit!

Hmmmm, what should I do?


Lexi was so funny. She actually thought my mom was teaching her a very specific dance and paid attention to every little move she made and tried to copy it. It was so cute.


I have to laugh at this pic. My dad is a good sport to sit amidst the noise and chaos and play the role of happy, fun Grandpa (which he is, he's just not quite as adventurous at heart as my mom!).


Thank you to my parents for a great day. We missed Carly& Alyson, and Kristy this year. I'm thankful for the memories and traditions, both old and new. My heart always travels back to my Grandma's house this time of year where all of my childhood Thanksgivings were spent. I have fond memories of spending time with my cousins, aunts, uncles and the warmth that family can fill your heart with. I love creating those same feelings for my children. Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Tabitha said...

That is all so cute! I also think your girls are so cute!!
It was so good to see you last week!