Sunday, November 02, 2008

Halloween '08

In years past, I have been much more prepared for Halloween. I guess I got some sort of personal satisfaction out of getting the girls' costumes for them early and then looking forward to it for a month or two. It was also fun (for me) when they were younger because I could indulge in some sort of obsession with them (usually a princess).

But this year was totally different. And I think I liked it better! We've been busy and I've been so preoccupied....so we hardly even talked about costumes until a couple days before the big day. And I decided that we could just draw from the stock we already had at home. Lots of (LOTS) dance/recital outfits and lots of princess stuff. I am so done with the whole princess thing (it's been about a four YEAR obsession that is finally winding down for Jordyn and Lexi....but not completely gone). But Lexi insisted on being Sleeping Beauty. Whatever. Go for it. Jordyn was a ballerina/princess/fairy type thing, and Peyton was a ballerina. What can I say? We're a house full of GIRLS.

It was so fun to watch Peyton learn how to trick-or-treat this year. She followed right along with her big sisters. But the look on her face was priceless. She would cautiously walk up to the door, and she'd repeat "trick or treat" at our prompting, and then suddenly this stranger would put a candy in her basket! Imagine that! She would stare at them....like "am i supposed to know you?" and I could tell she was trying to figure out why each person kept handing her candy so freely. She would always analyze the piece of candy right there in front of the person, and she would often pick it up and exclaim "I like this!!". It was so dang cute, I got a huge kick out of it. Jordyn and Lexi loved it this year, and I think it was the first year that they weren't scared to walk up to doors! In years past, they have been ruined within the first few houses by one of those strange-type-folk who think it's fun to scare the little kids (ahem....Tucker has been among those in the past), but this year was fun and scare-free.

JORDYN


LEXI


PEYTON


My three girls!



Another pose....

And this is what happens when Daddy says he'll entertain the kids in the car while Mommy runs into Walgreens real quick....




We went to the town "carnival" type thing that they have at the park each year. Lots of games, candy and prizes. The highlight was the girls first horse ride! Peyton wanted NOTHING to do with getting on the horse, but the other two loved it. Fun, huh?




Later that night, Tucker and I were in the living room and suddenly heard loud noise on our porch. We ran out there and some punk kids had smashed two of our pumpkins. They were running away so fast, and Tucker got in his car to try and catch them! I was so mad because....although they were just "having fun", they didn't think how sad my girls would be in the morning to not see their jack-o-lanterns that they worked so hard on!

7 comments:

Daytrippingmom Media said...

How fun!! Your girls are so stinkin cute!! I had a couple of minutes to trunk or treat with the kids on Thursday and I loved how Mikey was so excited everytime he got a treat.His thank you's were just adorable. They are so darn cute at thit age- I can just picture Peyton. Your photography is awesome. That picture of Peyton win her little ballerina outfit is perfect. Are you using photoshop? or new camera?

*Jessica* said...

The girls look so cute, I forbid my girls to even think about being princesses this year. I had had enough of them as well. Exept for Reyse because that was all I had. I bring my pumpkins in every night because I trust no one. So far so good. Hope everything is going well with ya, love to talk to you soon, maybe on a phone, Revolutionary, I might try it sometime!

K Western said...

They are so cute! Ashlyn is still into the princess thing, but I am so ready for a change, but now I have Haylie who loves it.
Those rotten teenagers. My kids would definitely be in tears if their pumpkins were ruined.

britt said...

What creativity you come up with, last minute! The girls looked soo cute. Sounds like you had a great Halloween, minus the punk kids!!
I have seen a few pumpkins smashed in the road around our neighborhood, but I still have my collection sitting safely on the porch.

Janessa Couch said...

I am surprised that my pumpkins made it through halloween. They are usually smashed by now. Sorry to hear that. Your girls are darling. I love the pictures especially the one of Payton. It is really really cute.

Melvin and Carly said...

Such cute girls!

Tara said...

Oh my pink deliciousness!!!! You are going to LOVE these photos in the future, when pink is no longer "cool". Maybe you might get lucky and one of the girls will be forever pink? I have to say though, you have the most gorgeous princess girls I know!