Saturday, September 06, 2008

When the Cat's Away


Yesterday while the girls were at school, I accomplished..........oh, yeah NOTHING I was supposed to do. Besides hanging out with Peyton, I completely neglected many of my duties. And since Tucker is gone this weekend, I needed to do something fun to break up the time. I picked up the girls from school and we went out to an early dinner at Chili's.

You may wonder why that's "fun", but if you ask my girls where they want to eat, they will always say Chili's (okay, maybe McDonalds first). And since Chili's is one of my loves too - dating back to college, when I was a server there - we were all happy!

So we had a fun girls rendezvous! We even splurged and got a Molten Chocolate Cake dessert!

Except.....before I move on to the pictures, I have a complaint. A BIG one actually. My two favorite things to order at Chili's are: Lettuce Wraps and Carribbean Salad. So imagine my disappointment when the server told me they took those TWO things off the menu!!!! What the heck? I don't usually submit complaints, but I will on this one!


(Don't mind my drunken look - was my Diet Cherry Coke spiked?)


(Jordyn would never go to Chili's without getting Boneless Buffalo Wings!)
(Peyton is so friendly - she was constantly waving like this to our server)

(Thumbs up on the dessert, Mom!)

(As you can see, Peyton loved it too!)

*******************************

After our early dinner, we got an invite from my friend Jamee to go swimming and celebrate her son Ethan's birthday at the Johnson's house. My girls were surrounded by boys, but didn't seem to mind!

(pictured: Cody, Evan, Alex, Lexi, Peyton, Jordyn and Ethan)



So, we've survived yet another few days without Tucker, and even managed to have fun. But he's coming home tonight, so we're glad about that!

5 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

YUM! All of our Chili's closed about two months ago without any notice to the employees or thier customers. I hope that they will come back soon.

Beth said...

How could they take luttece wraps off the menu? Thats one of my favorites too. I'm glad you did something fun this weekend. Fun to see the familiar faces at the pool party.

britt said...

Karli and I were just there on Friday too and I do not remember those items on the menu. My kids love to eat out too, pretty much any where, thats not mom cooking at home. Sad huh! I don't think its my cooking its just the thrill of eating something else, from somewhere else (I hope)
Sounds like a fun GIRLS weekend!

Jill said...

Yum! Makes me hungry....and guess what I was doing all night instead of stuff I should...visiting Pioneer Woman's blog, too! Happy reading! (Even the recipes are fun to read! Goodness!) Jill

Tara said...

Pey is just so big, I can't believe how much she changes all the time! What a fun mommy/daughters night! (I finally got away with just Jade and I, SO rare, I'm posting about it soon, I am just so behind!)