Saturday, September 20, 2008

Grandma and Grandpa S.

On our quick trip to Utah, we were able to stop at Tucker's maternal Grandma and Grandpa's house in St. George (Southern Utah). It took about 2 hours out of our really quick road trip, but it was so worth it. They are in their late 80's, and although they are still in remarkably great health, we know their years are numbered and love to see them whenever we can. The girls think it's so fun to have great-grandmas and grandpas...and I think it's extra special for them to get pictures and memories with them while we can!


(Just hanging out talking in Grandma Shirl's modern decor living room)

(Grandpa Milt has had a fish pond in every house they've lived in and it is one of Tucker's fondest memories. Now, our girls LOVE to go see and feed the fish! He'll often have 40+ fish in this little pond! That is, unless birds decide to go fishing in there!)

(Grandma Shirl and Jordyn. Grandma Shirl loves to see Jordyn because she remembers how tiny of a preemie she was and she would pray for her all the time during her time in the hospital)

(Grandpa Milt and Grandma Shirl, Me, Jordyn, Tucker, Peyton and Lexi. Dontcha just love self-timers on cameras?)

You know what's even cooler? Grandma Shirl emails me all the time! She's quite the computer-saavy Grandma. She even reads our blog! Thanks for the visit, the food and of course lots of treats! WE LOVE YOU GUYS!

3 comments:

Ashley and Brett said...

Jamie thanks for posting that! I am hoping to go and see them in a few weeks. I miss them so much! When I was going to school at SUU we would go and see them so often so its sad we don't get to as much as I would like. But I sure do love seeing pictures of them!

Katie said...

Hey Jamie, thanks for your comment on my page, I was meaning to find a way to ask you about how early Jordyn was born. I am only 12 weeks away, so in my mind it is a little surreal to try to put myself in your shoes as a first time mom with such a early baby. It is wonderful to see that she has grown into quite a beautiful young lady! Way to go!

britt said...

how fun! I need to make an effort to see my grandmas more. We saw my moms mom more when they were here, but now,not so much. Not a very good excuse I know.