Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Hypothetical Story

(Cousins Paxton and Peyton, all freshly clean after a much needed bath)

Let's just say.....hypothetically speaking.....that you are getting dinner ready. As you are putting food on the table, you notice your 22 month old and her 14 month old cousin went outside to play in the backyard, but you figure "that'll keep them quiet till we're ready to eat in a couple minutes", so you continue one with what you're doing.

And then let's say.....hypothetically speaking...that your four year old daughter runs in and says "Moo-oom, you need to come see what the babies are doing". A little annoyed, you say "I can't come, just tell me".

"No Mom, you need to come see this" she says.

"Just TELL me please!" is your response a little more agitated.

"OK.....there is POOP all over!".

So (hypothetically) you RUN outside to see your 22 month old using her poop as play-dough, smashing it all around in her hands, and your nephew is crawling around in it, smashing it into the cement.

Do you puke? Do you scream? Do you yell? Do you run?

Well, hypothetically, my husband would rush them off to the bath tub......while I would scrub down the cement and playhouse with comet, just praying that it all comes off, and that no one ate any.

But that is just all hypothetical, right? Luckily, YOU probably didn't have that happen to you today. Hopefully you didn't, and hopefully you had a nice, poop-less dinner.



"

13 comments:

Eliza2006 said...

That is SO sick! I knew where you were going with that story the minute I started reading! That is bad...really, really bad! You must have wanted to bleach the babies!

Tiffany

Unknown said...

CROSSING MY FINGERS- I have never had a horror poop story yet. Not even in the bathtub. I am so lucky. I don't know what I would even do.

sosilly said...

Lets just say I am laughing and gaging at the same time. I was gonna stop by at about that time and something told me to come straight home! I'm serious too. But I won't share the story of when you used your boom boom as finger paint all over your bedroom should I?
Yours truly,
Mother Dear

Janessa Couch said...

I have evidence, in form of a picture, of my daughter using it as paint all over her crib and herself. It is so funny to look at now. I guess that is gross we took a picture, but it was so odd. I seriously am sorry that you had to go through that.

Chelley said...

.....hypothetically speaking I feel very sorry for you!

Owen said...

Poor, poor you! I can totally relate to that frozen moment of what the heck am I gonna do (besides cry)? Hope you have a poop free day tomorrow!

Tara said...

Oh, I have a ton of poop stories, does that mean I'm not quite as attentive as others who only have one or two stories? ;) But I will say, my poop stories are nothing compared to yours, honestly, that one tops it all! You poor mom! It must have been really horrific at that moment you realized what was happening. I hope this is not a prelude to the future of these two cousins, getting into trouble together. (I'm just thinking of Ammon, pepto bismol and permanent markers as paint on the walls, fingernail polish all over clothes and shoes in the closet, eating snails, etc.)

Katie said...

YIKES! That makes for an interesting dinner time. I love that picture of the babies though, they just look so happy! LOL, good luck.

Daytrippingmom Media said...

That's so yucky- Oh no and it happened at dinnertime!! Sorry Jamie- I think I would have just frozen and probably lost my cookies. I've heard of so many horror stories with poop and I've yet to experience any really- not even poop during bath time- Oh oh those two are going to be trouble together! LOL!!!

britt said...

that is OH SO disgusting, and I too have had an enojoyable poop incident. I won't name any names, but lets just say it was with a dumb truck, in A BEDROOM, with a friend (I was babysitting)! At least yours was outside. I had forgotten about that, until your story reminded me. I think I was too embarrased and grossed out to share my story! Oh the memories!!!

Beth said...

DISCUSTING!!!!! Sweet little Pey couldn't do something so sick. I've only had gross bath poop experiences that don't compare to that, oh except for when L and J were both holding there poop for 1 year. That was pretty bad.

Chris Grover said...

what if someone were hypothetically laughing her butt off at this story?!(but in total sympathy, of course!) ohhhhh myyyy goshhhh! are you serious?! i can't even imagine! lexi wasn't lying when she said you really needed to SEE it, huh? i'm so sorry, but you can now look back on it and laugh, right? hopefully? haaa!

julie said...

Thanks for that story! I really needed a good laugh today.