Monday, September 01, 2008

Weekend in Review

Finding the perfect balance of fun and productiveness on weekends is difficult for me. Its gotta be just right. Or maybe tilted just a bit more toward the productive side. Because to me that IS fun (man, that makes me sound boring).

This weekend had a good balance and I felt extra happy about it since Tucker will be gone this upcoming weekend for Woodbadge Training (for scouts).

Let's see.....we had a couple family bike-rides, worked on the project of the 'disaster laundry room' (pics to come), cleaned the house, watched the Utes on T.V., Tucker and I went on a date, went to church with a linger-longer and a baptism afterward (long day!), played with cousins, I did some couponing with Lindy, bought a new vacuum, made cookies, and really just enjoyed time as a family! Gotta love these three-day weekends, huh?


Me....thinking we're posing for a cute self-portrait. Tucker.....being Tucker!

I got a good laugh out of it too.

Thanks for the fun date night!


What a beautiful day! And a beautiful girl!

Pey....lookin' a little ghost-like in the sun!


Since Jordyn is doing so well on her two wheel bike, we can enjoy some family bike rides. Although we have to go REALLY slow....this is me thinking "you guys coming?"

"Sure, after I get the splinter out of my foot!" cries Jordyn.


OK, all better. Lexi hopped off her bike and decided to take it easy in the trailer.

What a handsome bike-riding husband, huh?


I'm trying to include pictures of me, even if I hate them. Here you go.


The girls helped me make cookies. Although, in this picture, Lexi had to just watch and could not help since she decided to shove a bunch of Hershey Kisses in her mouth and then hide...even after I asked her not to eat anymore. She's going through a very sneaky phase right now! But, she still got to eat a cookie later, don't worry.

8 comments:

Chris Grover said...

I am so behind on all your fun posts! But it was nice to catch up! And yes, definitely include pictures of you! We love those! Sounds like a great weekend (and very busy and productive too)! I had to laugh at the picture of you and Tucker! Totally something Chris would do -- and HAS done all too often!

britt said...

I agree with the balance of time on the weekend. SOmetimes I feel the agreement on balance isn't always the same for me and everyone else. Maybe it is balanced because I clean (and try to get the kids to help a little)and get things done, while Quinn gets to play in a golf tournament?? I don't really think taht is the right kind of balance though. Quinn and I shoul really gets bikes and a tote...THAT sounds fun! We go on walks often, which are more like Ame speed racing ahead of us, QUinn and I walking Ash in the stroller and Kaipo snail speed on his bike behind us. Not much exercise for anyone but Ame. It is the family time though, that I appreciate!
(sorry for the LONG comment)

Unknown said...

Busy- much more motivated than our weekend. Luckily we have a 3 day weekend every weekend so this one was a 4 day!

Daytrippingmom Media said...

Sounds like a fun and productive weekend. Those are always the best. I love that you included a picture of yourself in the post. Peyton looks so cute in the little trailer. She's a cutie pie. We also went bike riding this weekend and I'm considering getting a new bike and a trailer for the kids. What kind do you have? Where did you get it if you don't mind me asking?

Jamie and Family said...

Aracely, I think I ordered our trailer off a website for like $129 or something like that (a couple years ago). I honestly can't remember the kind....can you tell by any of the pics???? But I do know that you want it to seat two kids separately harnessed, have a plastic wind-proof cover for colder weather, some even convert to a double stroller (if you want that).....

They have them at REI and sports places, but you may be able to find a better deal online.

Beth said...

Looks like a very fun, and productive weekend. I can relate to the very slow bike rides, but as long as your not trying to get some exercise right. I just purchased a new double bike trailer from costco. It was only 180 which for the amount i'm going to use it felt perfect. So far it seems very sturdy and easy to pull. I don't think the shocks are that great though. Fun pictures to look at!

sosilly said...

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. If I recall Tucker may have had similar candy thief issues when he was a kid?
Lexi just loves chocolate that is all, can you blame her for shoving her mouth full of Hershey Kisses!
MOM

Tara said...

That does sound like a productive and fun weekend! I love how that feels, (when it happens). :) I love the pics of you and Tucker, you guys are so fun, I wish we could hang out more often with you two. Maybe when we come, we can plan a double date that afternoon?