Monday, September 08, 2008

I was like "what?"


My girls have really loved the talent competition show on ABC "High School Musical: Get in the Picture". We have it DVR'd and they watch it all the time.

So today, on the finale, they kept showing the family of one of the 17 year old finalists, Stan. And everytime they showed his fam, I was more and more sure I saw my High School Principal, Stan Carrizosa sitting in the audience. So I googled it and sure enough, the winner of the show, Stan, has the last name Carrizosa! I'm assuming he's the son....or at least nephew or something, of my High School Principal. Just thought it was funny! Not often you recognize someone on TV. Plus, I know some of you out there would appreciate it since you had him as your principal too!



Nighty night.

7 comments:

Tara said...

That's pretty cool, it's a small world. :)

Janessa Couch said...

Wow, I loved that guy. He was Vice Principal or something like that when I was at High School. My favorites were Lucero and Bogan!!! Anyways, thanks for sharing that.

Janessa Couch said...

http://www.visaliatimesdelta.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080804/NEWS01/808040322/0/SPECIALSECTION02&theme=HSM

Here is an article about him, including a picture of his dad.

Jamie and Family said...

Thanks Janessa! I thought I heard he was in Visalia! So was he the vice principal? That's right. I just remember him so distinctly.

Chris Grover said...

oh are you kidding me? i've never seen the show, but we were good friends with stan and his family when this guy must have been like 4 or 5! CRAZY! i'll have to tell my parents that -- they will get a kick out of it!

britt said...

what a SMALL world. Yes I do remember Mr. Carzosa. I only saw the show a couple of times, but not enough to remember that kid. SUch a coincidence!

Shana and Derek said...

Holy smokes! I babysat this kid once. That's wild. And while he looks nothing like his father, he does look like his mother.