Monday, September 08, 2008

"Pliano" (as Jordyn still often says)

Our house is full of constant piano playing. I absolutely LOVE it. And since we have 2 girls playing piano, and a third who wants to be just like her big sisters, there is lots of piano-competing that goes on around here! Who can do it MORE, LOUDER, BETTER! Who'd of thought I'd have to say "Girls, please stop playing the piano now!".

Jordyn has done two years so far (she's 6, she started young). And she has a definite knack for it. She gets SO mad when she can't perfect a song, and will work really hard until she's got it just right.





Jordyn and Lexi both have to be really patient with their almost two year old sister banging on the keys along side them. This video makes me laugh and shows Jordyn persevering amidst the banging of the wild-haired pianist next to her.




6 comments:

Jeannine and Neal said...

I loved the piano 'recital' by Jordyn. She did a beautiful job even with the distractions. Tell her that Gamm is very proud of her!

*Jessica* said...

That was so cute. I didn't get to see Jordans full talent when I was there, just alot of banging by six different children. I have to admit I felt glad I didn't have a piano at home, but watching Jordon makes me want one again and for my girls to fill the house with pretty music. Good Job Jordon!

Tricia said...

Wow - she is really good - How great that your girls practice even if there is a little bit of competition involved:).

britt said...

that is soo cute! That is great when THEY love it as much as she does! Hopefully that lasts for a long time, right?!

Tara said...

I LOVE that there is music like that in your home. I wish we did that too, but we have no place for a piano, so we gave up on that idea. I know, we are lame. The girls are just darling with their budding talents and healthy competition. :) You are awesome for getting them started like this Jay!

Chris Grover said...

oh that gave me a good laugh! how patient jordyn is! oh, just hope, hope, hope they continue to love it as they get older! i still regret quitting pliano when i did! and really, jordyn is VERY talented! wow!