Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Scuba!!!

Hey everyone, This is Tucker.
Every year my scout troop decided to go on one HUGE trip. Last year we went to Zion’s National Park. This summer the scouts decided to get certified for SCUBA DIVING!!! The Scouts raised money by selling flag subscriptions, and had to buy their own snorkel, fins and mask.

They all worked VERY hard. It took 3 weekends in a pool, countless class time, and a weekend trip to Monterey to certify the boys, but it was all worth it. We went on our "Aquatic Adventure" to Catalina Island. We camped out to save money and did five dives.
In addition, last week, Mike, Ryan & I went back to Catalina for a separate trip! Mike did his first dive in 32 years!!!!!!
Here are a few pics of both adventures. The underwater camera didn't work out that well...but you'll get the idea. If not, here is a link to a video filmed where we dove - it's an INCREDIBLE area for diving. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=g2KAL8cK4Ic



Our entire crew - 11 certified, 4 went for advanced, 2 masters


We found lots of Lobsters

(This is right before an eel came out to my left to say "hi")


Mike Blasco Feeding fish On the boat to Avalon
Scouts getting out of the water

Garibaldi Fish - California state fish - They are everywhere!!
(they really are that bright!)


Mike, Ryan & me at the Dive Park

Here comes Ryan


5 comments:

Ashley and Brett said...

I didn't think that fish was real! Its giant and so pretty!

Jamie and Family said...

Way to go, you finally posted about it!!!!

Tara said...

Oh my gosh Tucker! I feel the same way I did after your post last year about your big scout trip. JEALOUS!!!!! I want my boys to have that SOOOOO bad! But with the way scouting is here, I don't know if they will get it to the extent you are doing with "your boys". You ROCK Tucker! You have to be one of the coolest scout masters on the planet! (Doesn't seem like you mind it too much either, this calling suits you well man!) It's so awesome Tucker, what an incredibly memorable experience that was. Way cool!!!! :) (and I hope we get to see you soon!)

Beth said...

I'm glad so many boys went. It is so good for them to accomplish something like that. You look like your having just as much fun as they are. Hope you keep your calling forever.

Katie said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM_zP4OCK6Y
This is a link to my brother's scuba video of garibaldi attacking his flashlight. HA! Feel free to check out his other videos, he just got a new camera and some crazy equipment so he is starting to post videos on youtube under "scubaman5000".