Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Road Trip Queen

I'm getting really good at this road trip stuff. As hard as it is to get prepared for, we sort of have it down. I know the best places to stop, and I know it is 800 miles no matter what I do. The kids do well. Peyton has the hardest time for sure.

This time I had Alyson, my niece, with us. She acted like a seasoned road-tripper. And the girls thought it was fun to have a cousin along for the ride.


At one of our potty stops, Peyton requested to go potty too. It actually works out well because she empties her bladder so much that her diapers never get too soggy during the drive! Well, on this particular stop, I took her diaper off to find the most disgustingly poopy diaper....and I hadn't brought in my extra diapers! Luckily I had wipes, and I cleaned her up well. I figured I'd run out to the car to get the other diapers (which is annoying with three other kids lagging behind and 100 degree heat), but as I was walking out I noticed there was a diaper dispensing machine!!!! Isn't that funny? So, $1.00 later, we had a clean diaper on her little bottom.

The girls thought it was so fun to get the diaper out of the machine.

And this should probably be a different post, but I've listened to my ipod a lot on this trip (when the noise level of the car has allowed) and I finally started the book "A New Earth". I know Oprah raved about this for a long time, but I just wasn't that interested then. I'm halfway through it now and have really, really enjoyed it. It's sort of deep, but very enlightening and uplifting. It's almost therapeutic to listen to. I'd recommend it for sure.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Oh no another "new earth" convert in my life. Totally kidding because I can't wait to read it so I know what my mom and dad are talking about ALL THE TIME. It has totally changed their marriage and perspective on life. I'm sure I would benifit. Their books are totally marked up.

britt said...

YOU are oh so brave...I can't seem to say that enough. Maybe one day I will be brave enough to try it and come see you!

Janessa Couch said...

I get to go on a road trip with my girls to Utah this August and I am really looking forward to it. I actually like driving alone because things are on my time, I can be as slow or as fast as I want it to be. You definately have me beat though.

Tara said...

I want to hear more about this book! "listening" to books is more what I am capable of at this time in my life. I think it's something I should start doing. :)