Sunday, July 13, 2008

Then and Now

Sadly, Jessica is leaving in the morning. We've had such a fun visit! And considering we've had so many kids around, it's gone very smooth.

Before this visit, it had been 3 1/2 years since we'd seen each other - and it hasn't even felt like a day went by! We are totally able to pick up as if no time had passed.

I met Jessica my Sophomore year of college. We were both inexperienced 19 year olds. I was on my second "try" living in Utah for college (wasn't really convinced the first time). I moved into Liberty Square (apartment #31) in June 1996. The next day, a new roommate started moving in (there were 6 of us in an apartment). That's when I met Jessica! I helped her carry in her things from her car, and from that minute on we were non-stop talking and hanging out. We just totally clicked and lived together for the next two years. Jessica is one of my most favorite friends and lived with me during some of my most memorable years!

From that point on, our paths parted, we both met our husbands and moved onto the next phase of life. We've kept in touch, but haven't seen each other as much as we'd like over the years. And after Jessica moved to Texas two years ago, I really thought we were destined to only be pen-pals! But, luckily, Jess takes a huge trip each summer to visit all of her family in Utah and California, so our goal is to see each other every summer somehow!

Here are some fun "then and now" pictures:

THEN: 1997




NOW: 2008





Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOO much for coming to visit us Jessica!! We loved it!!!

3 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

You sure did have a house full of girls. I bet your daughters were in heaven.

Patty said...

How fun!!! It is amazing how a friendship can skip years and pick right up. Looks like all of you had a great time.

Tabitha said...

Ok Jamie, I was wondering if I could sign up for one of your blogging courses? How does your blog look more and more cute every time I visit? Can you explain how you get it all custom and fancy? I have joined the blogging world and I can't seem to figure the darn thing out? Any suggestions would be great!
P.S. I really enjoy looking at your blog! one of my fav's!