Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Me and Katie

I met Katie when we were 10 years old. We became close friends immediately and now have loads and loads of memories from the past 21 years. She has helped me to enjoy, and even survive, MANY phases of my life. I am a different person for having her throughout my life. I thought it would be so fun to put just a few pictures from over the years (there are thousands more where these came from).


(1988 - we were Flag Girls in Jr High. Cute, huh)

(Sophomore year of high school, all ready to hit the town!)


1995 - High School Graduation

Our freshman year of college in Utah

In 2000, on my wedding day (obviously)


And us today! Mom's of three kids each!

4 comments:

Tara said...

Wow, great pictures!!! Remember when we used to fear getting older? In college, one thinks they look their best? But in reality, maturity, motherhood, life, makes us more beautiful I think. You and Katie look more beautiful and more beautiful with each passing "phase". :) You guys are hot mamas now!

Melvin and Carly said...

I think it's great that you've been able to remain such good friends for so long with so many girls! I only have a few friendships that are in double digits; maybe I just don't try hard enough when I or they move away.

I love that you not only have so many pictures of you and your friends over the years but also that you HAVE them in your possession and can post them!

Chris Grover said...

oh i love the pictures! the hair alone is such a good indicator of the passing years! such long-time friends are so special!

Grammy said...

Those are some great pictures of you two! I just wanted to share a memory that I will always have of you - does "hoy, hoy, hoy, hoy, hoy" ring a bell? I also remember the BIG hair and all the curling irons laying around with all the gel, mousse, and hairspray. Also the sweater sets from the Wet Seal. You two were certainly the "Nordstrom Girls."