Monday, July 28, 2008

Bear Lake!

I love this lake. Look how blue and beautiful it is as a backdrop. Tucker grew up at Bear Lake. Literally every summer was spent with his Mom's side of the family at the family cabin. Now, just a few miles past that old cabin, Don and Monette have built this amazing lake house and invited us up to visit!


The gracious owners of the lake house! Don and Monette (Tucker's cousin) with Tucker and I.
Tucker and I with his cousin Richie and his wife Carol
Second cousins, Jordyn and Lexi had fun with Aspen.

The living room



The front of the lake house!

How Peyton was most of the time. A little sad and whiney. But still cute.

The girls played with Tucker on a floating dock!



Out on a ski run!



The girls weren't sure what to think of the boat. When it rocked from the waves, they were a bit hesitant! But they thought it was fun to see Tucker and I in the water :-)

Jordyn's very favorite part was putting up the "man down" flag!

Tucker popped right up on the wakeboard, even though it's ben around 5 years! I can't say the same for myself. After multiple tries, I sort of got up on a slolam ski and my muscles said "I'm DONE!".

Don has a volleyball court built in front of the lake house!


This is just a few of the many pictures we took. We had a great time seeing family, being in a beautiful lake and staying at such a beautiful home. Thanks a million Don and Monette!!!!

4 comments:

Tara said...

Wow, that place looks amazing! I forgot to get Tuckers opinion on buying vacation homes here. If he things it's better to get a cabin near a lake or in mountains, or a home that's close to those things, but more in a neighborhood like ours? Oh, I will just call you. This looks like too much fun! (is your body still telling you that?) ;)

britt said...

What a superb vacation spot. Something I would love!!! Sounds like you had a fantastic time.

Ashley and Brett said...

I'm so glad you posted these! I haven't made it up to see the amazing cabin, but I hear it is fabulous! (it looks that way too!) I love Bear Lake all of my childhood memories are there! (and it was so fun gathering together with all the cousins when we only got to see them in the summer!) I miss it so much! Can't wait to go again! Hope you had a blast!

Unknown said...

looks great- but were you freaking out every time your kids might touch that WHITE family room- I mean, seriously:)