Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Like Family

I've been so blessed with really good friends in my life. The past few days, I've been able to see some of my oldest, dearest friends of 20+ years. I've been able to stay at Katie's house for a couple of days, and then Brittany and Karli visited for a while with their kids. Our visits are always way too short but the memories are so precious, both old & new. It is so fun to see the kids develop little friendships, even when they only see each other a few times per year. And it's really fun to reminisce ALL the funny and crazy old memories too! Between us all, we had 11 (six and under) kids here today and it definitely sounded like it!


(Karli & Kaiya, Katie & Luka, Brittany & Ash and Me & Peyton)


(Katie, Me, Karli, Brittany and Julie.....all from the tiniest town in Central CA and still great friends)


This is a fun picture! Here are six of our kids. (Lexi-4, Cooper-4, Savannah-6, Ame-5 7/8, Jordyn-6 and Kaipo-3)

Here's a flashback: Me and Katie and Brittany were all pregnant at the same time with our firstborns. Here are Jordyn, Savannah and Ame when they were around one year old in 2003.
And here they are today! (Savannah, Ame and Jordyn). Such cute girls!

And another flashback: Here are Jordyn and Savannah around 2 1/2 ish.

And here are they are today in 2008!!!

6 comments:

britt said...

It was soo fun to see you too, but as you said NOT long enough. I felt like I was following or chasing my kids around too much, and didn't get as much sit down and chat time with you! But I was still so glad to get to spend some time together. You will always be a dear friend to me, I just WISH we lived closer together!

Janessa Couch said...

What fun pictures. It is always fun to get with friends from long ago.

julie said...

It was so fun to see you and you actually got see Ava! I can't believe in all this time this was the first time.

Tara said...

It is so cool that you guys have kids similar in age! HOnestly, that is awesome! The kids just keep getting cuter and cuter. Of course all of you ladies get more beautiful in your motherhood. :) Can't wait till it's my turn to see you! :)

Chris Grover said...

i'm so sad i had to miss the pool time -- we would have loved to stay longer! but it was really, really fun catching up with everyone! it really is special that all those kids are so close in age! way cute pictures!

Grammy said...

Very cute pictures of all you beautiful mothers and your darling children! What special times!