Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Today

Today I am tired. And I have too much on my to do list. And, therefore, I fit in with millions of others this time of year!

All I can day dream about is sleeping. I am so tired and I just want to sleep. But at the same time, all I can WISH for is a few "free tickets" for a night off sleep without feeling tired. I could get so caught up! Imagine, 8 hours straight of peace and quiet with all the children nestled in their beds while I check off my to-do list!

My car has been in the shop for over two weeks. I was rear-ended by a texting high school girl and we sent it in for a little repair job. While there, the key broke off in the ignition....sending us to a whole new body shop and a whole new set of probs. While THERE, he diagnosed 75 hoses leaking and all that jazz that comes with a 7 year old car ($1800 worth. Where is that gonna come from?).....Thank heavens for rental cars, sisters who loan you cars and friends who loan you cars!

Peyton is not yet walking (13 1/2 months) and doesn't seem in a hurry. She has taken up to 10 steps at a time, but she doesn't like the unsteadiness, so she drops to her knees immediately. I am being patient, but I really want her to walk! She has entered this new phase of frustration (and screaming) because she wants to do EVERY single thing her older sisters do - and that is NOT possible. I think walking would alleviate SOME of that frustration.

Tucker is working out 4 days a week and getting all buff. I'm proud of him. He is out of bed at 5:15 and out the door to my dad's "gym". He and my dad are having a fun time with this regime. And even though I am very proud of him, I can't help but feel flabbier by the day as I see him tighten up. I can only blame myself because I seem to be in an extra non-exercise mode lately.

Lexi is a very enjoyable and happy little girl who I like having around all the time. She can be draining too, because she has SUCH an independent personality that she takes ANYthing I say as merely a suggestion and proceeds as though I don't exist. Stinker.

Jordyn has lightened up a bit. Our morning routines aren't nearly as severe as they once were and I don't feel hatred each morning anymore (it was drastic). She is very much a leader and a helper in our home.

And lastly, to end my jumble, I'm excited because my Cousin Kelly is coming to visit tonight for 5 days. Haven't done that in a long time, so it'll be fun to catch up!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

It is hard to read your blog with the white font on the white paper??? That will be fun to see Kelly. I know what you mean about exercise. I feel the need- but should I start or wait until the 6 weeks post pardum are up??

Jamie and Family said...

Katie, TOTALLY give yourself the 6 weeks. No pressure during that time and then the Holidays on top of it, not to mention hormones out of whack!!!!! You deserve this "window" to relax and adjust. My opinion :-)

Jamie and Family said...

Katie, do you mean white font on RED paper? or do you see white paper?

Tara said...

What I wouldn't give for the extra energetic hours, I would get so caught up too! What is exercise anyway? Eddie is 9 months and I have been on a treadmill ONCE! I just keep telling myself there is a time and season for all things, this just isn't my season for a heck of alot of things. Just think, you have years ahead of you to make progress each year towards that ultimate goal of being caught up and having it "together". I too just HOPE I can be a little better at this whole holiday thing each year. :) Good luck, I'm sure your doing fabulous!

Chris Grover said...

Oh my gosh, I have so totally wished for the no sleep, but not tired dream! I am such a night owl that I feel like I could paint the house and do any and every other thing from my list if I could just not sleep at night! But it never works that way! I just bought Hip Hop Abs (should I be embarrassed that I just wrote that on a public site?) and we'll see how long that holds my attention! I get sooo bored with the same old exercising -- that's really my biggest issue! You constantly amaze me with all that you juggle and accomplish, so even though you feel overwhelmed, I think you are actually pretty incredible with all that you do!

Daytrippingmom Media said...

Jamie I can so relate to the skipping sleep but not being tired.. i too dream of sleeping in but yet.. would love to have 8 hours of just being productive... If only it would be possible.. Love catching up on your blog

Daytrippingmom Media said...

I forgot to add that I loved loved the cake for lexi's party.. You are so talented!!