Tuesday, December 25, 2007

A Little Post-Christmas Blogging


As I sit here, at 2:40 pm on Christmas Day, still in my pajamas, it feels GREAT to be doing NOTHING! I have done way too much of something-or-another every single day for weeks and weeks....so I am absolutely thrilled to do nothing right now. Today, I've enjoyed watching the kids play with their toys, listen to Christmas music, eat my mom's toffee, read the 20 year old family memo's (thanks Jeannine!) and just R-E-L-A-X!


I have much back-tracking to do as far as photo journaling goes of our wonderful past few days. I'll do it soon. But maybe tomorrow, because I am enjoying relaxing today.


Last night was a fun Christmas Eve at my parents' house. And here's how it went down from there on out:


10:15 pm - Children nestled all snug in their beds


1:15 am - "Santa" finished his work and, ma and pa finally crawled into bed


5:30 am - Little Peyton decides to no longer be "nestled in her bed" and wakes up. Lexi follows her. With eyeballs on our cheeks, Tucker and I dileriously attend to crying children.


7:30 am - Finally (grrrr) the two children are actually back asleep.


8:30 am - Jordyn is up and BURSTING with excitement to see Santa's surprises. We make her wait for Lexi.


9:15 am - Lexi is up, we make our grand entry into the living room. Fun! Presents! Smiles!


11:45 am - (yes, THAT late) Peyton wakes up for Christmas morning....or afternoon I guess. A couple hours late. Little stinker.




I've been pondering what a grand duty it is to be a mother. Not only am I in charge of the daily tasks of my children, but I am responsible for the memories they make of their childhood! I oft' wonder....did I make Christmas meaningful enough? do they understand the spiritual aspect of this sacred holiday enough? did I get them the right presents that are worth cluttering up my house?


But for now, I feel satisfied with today. Very happy to have spent time with my family.



And a little tired. (oh, and if I weren't so tired, this dead tree would be OUTTA HERE! Soon...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!!!

Tiffany

Beth said...

sounds like my day. I loved it! Now I"m feeling over-tired, over-fed, over-stimulated yet happy! Glad you Christmas day was fun. Where do we put these new gifts again?