Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Lately

Why I'm Wondering Where my Brain is Lately:
  • I forgot to charge the camera for Jordyn's Christmas program, so no pics.
  • Jordyn didn't go to school yesterday, and I completely forgot to tell the parents of the little classmate of Jordyn's that I pick up every single day - until they called me asking where she was! My heart sank and luckily she was riding on the bus for the rest of the route (for an HOUR!). I apologized 75,000 times and dropped off some Costco muffins as an attempted apology.
  • Standing outside of Costco, I realized I forgot my debit card and check book. Ugh.

What I Wish Hadn't Happened Lately:
  • Lexi *stole* a camera from Walgreens today. It was a princess one and she asked me for it a million times. I said no, no, no. So she decided she wanted it anyway. We got to the car and after buckling Pey in, I looked back to see Lex holding the princess camera! I unbuckled Pey and took Lexi back into the store to return it. We just happened to have read a story from the Friend magazine last night about stealing and being honest, so it tied in quite well.
  • Initially, I thought we bought the freshest Christmas tree ever. But this is quite the opposite now. It is deader than a doornail. You just look at it cross-eyed and 1,000 needles fall off. It is completely pointing downward. I can't believe we have to have it in our house for another week.
  • I got a couple of names for Elderly people off a tree at a store for us to buy some Christmas presents for. I told the girls about it and they were so excited to get a Christmas surprise for these cute old people. I thought, what a fun way to teach the kids about the spirit of Christmas. But when I called to ask what the deadline was to bring the gifts, it had already passed. I felt sad.
  • Today I ran into the post office and locked my keys in the car! I waited for roadside assistance and was worried about getting Jordyn from the bus stop. Luckily, Kandelyn walked in and saved the day!

What Things I'm Happy and Excited About Lately:
  • Christmas Eve with my family.
  • Having a two week break from [my] school.
  • I love the cold weather.
  • I love the beautiful lights everywhere.
  • I love baking lots of treats
  • I love the warm Christmas-y feeling in the air.

6 comments:

Beth said...

sounds like you've had an interesting couple days! I think when babies teethe mothers lose their brains!

Grammy said...

Motherhood is never dull, that's for sure! You do an amazing job with your beautiful little princesses!

Anonymous said...

Hi J!

Sounds like everyday around here! I deposited Dave's paycheck into my mom's account, along w/ her cable check from Dan into her account. It's taken all week to fix, and I'm afraid of checks bouncing! Ugh!!!
Plus, Nicholas has been home "Sick" since yesterday at 12p.m. No baking is getting done around here. But, I'm thankful for our 6 ft fake $25 Lowes tree Dave brought home last year when I was on bed rest w/ Sarah. Although it's not big enough for all our ornaments, it's not dead! Hope you have a smoother day.

Kelly

Eliza2006 said...

Glad I'm not the only one. Sometimes I wonder 'bout myself!

Tiffany

sosilly said...

It is the normal receding of the brain from the overload of being a mom in my opinion.

Katie said...

Once my school let out this past Monday my brain has turned off, actually come to think of it, it turned off a few weeks before that. I just announce to people, "I'm sorry, Katie has checked out!" Best of luck and Merry Christmas.