Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Symbol of Love



This is not a "show off" post, but rather an post of appreciation.


I just have to say how much I love my wedding ring!


A little background: I always imagined a fairly big diamond for the wedding ring I'd daydream about as a young girl. I've always liked jewelry, it was just my style. And Tucker grew up knowing he'd buy his wife at least 1 carat. So we were a good fit. And that's all that matters, right? Anyway, when we were getting pretty serious in our dating era, I knew that my indecisive personality could not handle ring-shopping together. I knew I'd get all confused at what I really wanted, so I just told him, "I want a solitaire diamond on a thick gold band". And that's it. I left the rest up to him. Which is very trusty-worthy when you think of wearing the thing for like 80 years. But I knew he had good taste, so I wasn't too worried.


I just went three weeks without it because it needed a "tune up". It needed a good cleaning, new prongs and I had it filled in - I was getting a rash from water trapping behind it. So when it came in the mail, it sparkled as if it were brand new.


I am still as in love with my ring as I was 8 years ago when he presented it to me (a story for another day). He may not think so because I leave it on the counter a lot, but I love to wear it and I love to look at it. And most of all, I'm proud of what it symbolizes and that it can remind me of Tucker and how lucky I am to have him.

2 comments:

Katie said...

That is great post Jamie. I think that everyone probably has a fun story behind engagement/wedding rings. I might just share my story too. Thanks for telling your story.

Tara said...

I have always loved that ring on you, it suits you perfectly! Some rings look so ordinary and typical on people, and some look so perfect and go right with the wearers personality. You and your ring are the right match. :)