Saturday, December 22, 2007

Piano Recital

This past week was our Christmas Piano Recital for the girls.

We got lots of great video, but not lots of great pics unfortunately.

But we DID capture Lexi's feelings on the whole event in picture-form!

She played the "Jellybean Song" on the piano, and also sang "Thumbkin Finger Number 1" with her classmates. But, with how she was crying, you would have thought her teacher said "OK, now the kids are going to cut off both of their arms in front of you".

I am NOT one of those parents who will push their kids to do things they don't want to do just for MY benefit. But there are some things I feel they need to do for THEIR benefit. And I know that Lexi deep down WANTS to do these things, but is paralyzed by nervousness. For example, she didn't do her pre-school program last week, and she was sad about it afterwards. I want to teach her that she can push through it and overcome her fears. I also know that she loves preschool, dance, piano all through the year, but just struggles with performing time.

So, she buried her head in my shoulder at first, then finally stood up next to me and in the end was playing her piano piece perfectly. You can see, we actually got a smile out of her at the end!






This year, Jordyn was nervous about performing and she was asking for me to sit by her initially. But when she realized the other kids didn't have their moms by them, she told me to go sit down! She confidently played "French Fry Bandit" (a song about her mother, ha ha j/k) as a solo, then played "Hippo Pianist" and "Jolly Old St. Nick" as a group. She did a great job and was very proud of herself - as were we.



It was fun to have Lindy, Lyric and Lindsay T. join us for the recital and support the girls. Thanks guys!

No comments: