Thursday, September 07, 2006

Restless Leg Syndrome

So when Tiffany was here I happened to randomly mention to her, "I have this really annoying feeling in my legs when I'm sitting...like I HAVE to move them". And immediately she said "I know what that is! It's called Restless Leg Syndrome". I was a bit surprised at her immediate diagnosis, but once we got online and researched it, it seemed to fit the bill! It's been bugging me, but I never would have thought it was an actual thing! It seems to be yet another fun pregnancy side-effect. But I guess it can get pretty bad for some people who get it permanently who aren't pregnant. So at least I know mine will go away eventually! Here's a description of it:
  • You have a strong urge to move your legs. The need to move is often accompanied by uncomfortable sensations, which include:creeping, itching, pulling, creepy-crawly, tugging or gnawing.
  • Your symptoms start or become worse when you are resting.
  • Your RLS symptoms get better when you move your legs. The relief can be complete or only partial but generally starts very soon after starting an activity.

2 comments:

Chris Grover said...

Ohhhhh my gosh! That is too funny! I think you have diagnosed me! I have had those symptoms since I was in junior high and high school. My mom used to tell me it was growing pains, but I got them well after I had stopped growing. I don't get them nearly as often anymore, but it's really nice to know that it wasn't all in my head! I'm not so crazy after all! Hope yours go away soon! And thanks, Tiff!

Daytrippingmom Media said...

I've had this as long as I can remember. They have medication for it now, but I don't think I'll be taking it.

Signed,
Your Favorite Cousin Michael