Friday, September 22, 2006

Livin on a Prayer

This morning I was driving by myself (which is unusual) so I had the radio on a station that I like and I got so excited when I heard the familiar beat of Bon Jovi's "Livin on a Prayer". Oh my gosh, a flood of memories dating back to third grade came rushing into my mind! I rode the bus home from school that year and every day would just cross my fingers that the popular station B95 would play "Livin on a Prayer". As a little 7/8 year old, I loved that song...and now almost 22 years later I STILL love that song just as much! I remember my friend gave me the Slippery When Wet, Bon Jovi tape for my 8th birthday and my mom made me get rid of it. Understandably, but I've often thought of this and realized that kids have tastes and opinions that are real at a very young age. I have about a thousand other songs with memories tied to them that I could also blog about, but this one is definitely STILL near the top of my list all these many years later!

If you want to listen to it....
http://www.bestaudiocodes.com/bac/B/Bon_Jovi/Livin_On_A_Prayer.php

1 comment:

Daytrippingmom Media said...

I recall your mother having issues with the lyrics, "you promised me heaven, you put me through hell." Kind of laughable condsidering content in today's music.