Friday, September 22, 2006

My Girls


Even though I wish I could hibernate from the entire world for the next 5 1/2 weeks...and aside from all the moodiness, stress and exhaustion I feel right now, I have to say that I sure love these girls. At this point in my life, they really are my world. They bring so much life and sparkle to everything. I love seeing things through their eyes. They are so loving and so eager to learn. I'm constantly amazed at how unprepared new parents are for the HUGE life-changing experience of having children (speaking from my experience!). I don't think there is any way to ever fully prepare for it. But in what seems like an instant, my life went from 100% mine to maybe 1% mine. Not in a negative way, but raising babies, toddlers, children, teenagers...whatever they are at the time...is the most physically and emotionally draining task possible! But woven throughout the journey are so many rewards and smiles and hugs and tears of joy and LOTS of learning about yourself that somehow it makes it all worth it. God is smart, huh? I've always got to remind myself that this is all part of a MUCH bigger plan...a plan that HE sees in entirety whereas I see a itsy bitsy portion of and so I can really get stuck by the frustration of a phase/moment/situation. So, I'm thankful for the moments when I am washed over by gratitude.

3 comments:

Carlotta said...

At first glance that picture of Jordyn looked like Lexi! Probably cause it wasn't in color to see the red hair. =) What a cute picture of Lexi and an odd position for her. Normally I see her going going goin! =) Alyson misses her cousins!

Unknown said...

Great blog- so true. I never knew how much my mom loved me until I had children. It is such a unique and wonderful love- such a gift from God.

Chris Grover said...

Those pictures are so adorable! I envision this huge blanket of love that just rests on top of all of the day to day stuff that is hard about having kids. Thanks for the insight!