Tuesday, January 10, 2017

October Randomness: Monkees, Homework, Shana, Roxy, 7th Graders, and Selfies

We had a major struggle with 4th grade homework this year.  Peyton gets frustrated really easily.  She is really good at math, but reading comprehension is more of a struggle with her...and ALL OF MATH in fourth grade requires reading comprehension!  So we had lots of tears, breakdowns, and HOURS at the table.  It did eventually improve, but not for months and months.  It was hard for all for us all and I often contemplated pulling her out of traditional school.



My cousin Michael and I met up for a Monkees concert four years prior, and when we found out they were playing again, we got the chance to meet up again for a fun night of laughing, talking, and enjoying our favorite childhood band!






Three Rivers is a cute mountain town only 45 minutes from us. An easy and beautiful drive, we took a little day trip to have lunch and check out Reimers Candies.  Lexi had no desire to go, so it was just me, Kristy, Jordyn and Peyton.


Lexi and her 7th grade class at their Thanksgiving Feast at Clay School.


(I don't know how to turn the photos the right way in this blogger platform!)


These end tables are 20 years old or more?  My mom gave them to us, and so I asked Kristy to help me with a project and give the tables a little makeover with some paint.  They look great!


Shana, Derek, Maren, and Hayden stopped by for a couple hour visit when they were down this way to see family.  Shana and I have been friends since we were 10, so she's more like family.


Hayden did NOT want to be in this picture, if you can't tell.


I love this puppy!! Sweet Roxy.

It's hard to tell, but I love this picture because my mom is leading the music for the primary program, and if you look closely, you can see my dad flipping the posters for her.


Church selfie.

I love finding pictures like these on my phone. I love you Pey Pey.



No comments: