Monday, January 09, 2017

October 2016 - Ruth B Concert

Jordyn has a favorite artist named Ruth B.  She is fairly new still, and her following isn't huge.  But she had a hit song on the radio "Lost Boy" so that's how we first found out about her.  Jordyn started following her journey and any new song clips she'd put out on her instagram.  When she found out that she would be in Vegas, Jordyn mentioned it to me.  She didn't think we'd really go, but kept saying how much she really wished we could.

Jordyn is a really good kid who doesn't ask for much.  She would have been totally understanding if we didn't go.  But I knew it would mean a lot to her if I could make it work.  So Kristy, Jordyn, and I headed to Vegas for a quick two day trip!






It was a fairly small venue and I kept feeling like there HAD to be a way for us to meet her.  After Ruth B sang, there was another artist on stage, and so I walked to the side of the arena and started observing where crew members were going in and out.  I stopped a few of them and asked if they knew of any way we could meet Ruth.  A couple gave me ideas of where to stand and wait.  And, after like an hour, I asked the right person who said "hang on just a second".  They came back and guided us upstairs where Jordyn got to meet her, have her sign her cell phone case, and got a free concert shirt!  It was a total dream come true for her.  We could not figure out why we didn't think of filming the whole experience, but we were totally caught off guard and surprised by what was happening, so our brains weren't working right!


No comments: