Sunday, January 08, 2017

September - Kristy

On September 19th, Kristy was arrested in my parents home for forgery, and possession of (a purse full of) drugs.  It was scary, surreal, and not totally a surprise.  She had been bouncing to rock bottom over and over and over in 2016 and at every moment, it felt as though she could wind up in prison or dead.  There was always a few when I received a text or phone call, that it would be bad news.  

What's evolved since then is really hard to sum up.  But the letter below is what I put together about two months later.  [As of the date I am writing this (1/8/17...yes I'm behind on my blog)]

Today, I am grateful to have my sister back.  I don't know how she is still alive, but she has made some huge changes that blow my mind.

(this photo is the day I took her to the Lighthouse Rehab on 9/26)







No comments: